Foundation / Corporation
Ripley County Community Foundation (RCCF)
12/07/18 4:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $500 to Ripley County, Indiana nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and schools for a broad range of activities to benefit local communities. Qualifying areas of interest include education, social service, community service, environment, health, and the arts.
Areas of Interest:
-Community Service - To support programs related to community development; to support general community programs or projects designed to improve life in Ripley County.
-Social Services - To support human service organizations, programs for children, youth, and senior citizens; to improve youth leadership and encourage positive development of youth. Education-To address contemporary issues and needs; help children and adults with special needs; and to encourage positive educational development in Ripley County.
-Health - To support community health and prevention programs.
-Environment - To support environmental education and activities to enhance and maintain a good environment.
-Education - To address contemporary issues and needs; help children and adults with special
needs; and to encourage positive educational development in Ripley County.
-The Arts - To support programs and facilities that are designed to establish a diversified cultural program that offers widespread opportunities for participation and appreciation.
The RCCF Grants Program will:
1. Strive to anticipate the changing needs of the community and be flexible in responding to them. Are the objectives realistic and measurable?
2. Be change-oriented and problem-solving in nature with emphasis on “seed” money or pilot project support. General operating support grants could be considered.
4. Focus on those types of grants that will have the greatest benefit per dollar granted.
5. Consider the organization’s strength, community support, leadership, clarity of proposal and eligibility.
GrantWatch ID#: 158786
Small Project Grants are available for amounts up to $500.
1. Priority will be given to nonprofit organizations and programs operating in Ripley County.
2. Grants will be made only to organizations that have a responsible fiscal sponsor and adequate accounting procedures.
3. Grant applications must qualify as exempt organization under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c), or be sponsored by such organizations, or qualify as governmental or educational entities or possess similar attributes per IRS Code Section 509(a).
4. No grants will be made solely to individuals.
5. No grants will be made to defray travel or lodging expenses to enable individuals or groups to attend seminars or take trips.
6. No grants will be made exclusively for endowment purposes of recipient organizations.
7. No grants will be made for programs which will have been completed and funded prior to the RCCF’s publicized date for grant decisions. No grants will be made to repay acquisition costs for equipment already purchased .
8. No grant shall be made for the acquisition of weapons, firearms or destructive devices as defined in the Indiana Code under IC 35-41-1-8 or IC 35-47.5-2-4.
9. No grants will be made specifically for sectarian religious purposes, but can be made to religious organizations for general community programs, or to preserve an historical site (typically 100 years or older).
10. No grant will be made for the purchase of property or buildings.
11. Organizations who have been awarded prior grants must have complied with all reporting requirements and be in good standing before submitting another grant application. Non-compliance will result in exclusion from future granting.
12. Previous awarded grants to an organization must be spent and accounted for before applying for another grant from RCCF.
13. No grants will be made to attempt to influence legislation or to intervene in any political campaign (including the publishing or distribution of statement) on behalf of any candidate for public office.
14. RCCF reserves the right to refuse any and all grant applications.
15. Grant recipients and fiscal sponsors will sign and abide by the respective conditions as set forth in the foundation’s “Grant Award Agreements” and “Grant Report Forms”.
Please Note: If you would like to request funding for festivals, annual meetings, walk/runs, fireworks, golf tourneys, etc. you must submit a request with the Foundation for a sponsorship. RCCF will not fund any of these types of requests through grants.
The Foundation encourages the participation of other contributions by matching, challenge and other grant techniques. The financial condition of the applying organization will be considered.
Applications will be accepted anytime during the year, but applications will be reviewed and decided before the 30th of March, June, September, and December. To be considered, applications must be made by 4:00 PM on the first Friday of each of these months.
If the first Friday falls on a holiday upon which the organization is closed, the deadline will be extended until 4:00 PM on the subsequent Monday. Applications not received by the due date will be held for the next Small Project Grant cycle.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications and supporting documentation may be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com (please put “small grant application” in the subject line)
Or mailed to:
Ripley County Community Foundation
13 East George Street, Suite B
Batesville, IN 47006
812-933-1098 or 877-234-5220
USA: Indiana: Ripley County