Ontario Arts Council (OAC)
11/28/19 1:00 PM ET
Grants of up to $10,000 to Ontario nonprofit organizations, nonprofit visual arts organizations, public art galleries, ad hoc groups and collectives of arts professionals or visual artists, and curators to present the work of local visual artists, provide professional development, and support curatorial research projects.
There are two categories of eligible programs:
Presentation Project: to help cover the costs of:
- Visual arts exhibitions and festivals, and related outreach/education/audience engagement activities
- Catalogues and publications
- Lecture series, artists’ talks, panels
- Artist residency programs offered by an organization (residencies must include a public program component)
- Conferences, symposia
- Professional development seminars or workshops for visual artists and organizations
Curatorial Research and Development Project: to help cover the costs of curatorial research and writing about Ontario visual artists or arts practice or development of exhibition projects.
Eligible Presentation project expenses include:
- Professional artists’ fees
- Curatorial/programming/design fees
- Travel and transportation
- Publicity, catalogues/programs, audio-visual documentation and brochures
- Equipment and venue rentals
- Purchase of small-scale equipment, software, electronics and similar materials required to carry out the project
- Contract salaries or administrative fees
Curatorial Research and Development Projects:
- Eligible expenses include fees to the curator/applicant, travel, materials and documentation; the grant can cover 100 per cent of the project expenses in this category.
- The presentation/production stage of a project is not funded in this category.
- Projects that have been supported through the Curatorial Research and Development category may ultimately be presented in any location.
GrantWatch ID#: 158919
The activity for which the applicant requests funding:
- Cannot start before the deadline
- Cannot open to the public before receiving grant results
- Cannot finish before receiving grant results
- Must be completed no more than two years after receiving grant results
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://grants.arts.on.ca/s_Login.jsp?lang=1
Caroline Cotter, Program Administrator
Toll Free: 1-800-387-0058, extension 7455
Ontario Arts Council
121 Bloor Street East, 7th Floor
Toronto, ON M4W 3M5
Emails: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
CARFAC Ontario (to check recommended minimum fees for artists):