- Projects that are religious in nature or specifically serve only church membership or faculty/student body are not eligible.
- Projects that involve work with preK-12 children during the school day are not eligible to apply.
- Organizations or individuals that have delinquent paperwork for a previously funded ASC grant are not eligible to apply.
- ASC will not consider multiple requests from the same applicant (with the exception of large 501(c)(3) organizations with multiple locations such as the library system, YMCA, or college/university). Please contact the Grants Office to discuss eligibility of multiple requests.
The following is a list of ineligible costs:
- Prizes, including scholarships, tuition, or financial awards.
- Purchase of artifacts or artwork.
- Capital expenditures – funds for expenses for purchase of buildings or real estate, renovations or improvements involving structural changes, payments for roads, driveways or parking lots, or permanent and immobile equipment such as grid systems or central air conditioning. Also includes acquisitions, which are expenses for additions to a collection of art.
- Contingency funds – funds for an event that may occur but that is not likely or intended.
- Costs for selling and/or marketing any products or services of the organization unrelated to the funded project.
- Deficit reduction, bad debts, interest on loans, indirect cost rate expenses, losses on other awards or contracts, or fines, penalties, or litigation costs.
- Donations and contributions to other organizations.
- Entertainment costs (costs of amusement, diversion, social activities, ceremonials, and costs relating thereto, such as meals, lodging, rentals, transportation, and gratuities) or costs for food or beverages for parties/receptions
- Fundraising and investment management costs. Events specifically designed to fundraise.
- Goods or services for personal use of the organization’s employees.
- Lobbying expenses.
- Organizational establishment or reorganization costs.
- Acrobatics, Aerobic dance, Beauty pageant, Clowning, Cosmetology, Essay contests, Fashion shows, Juggling, Magic shows, Martial arts, Modeling, Quiz bowls, and Travel presentations