Foundation / Corporation
Cabarrus Arts Council and North Carolina Arts Council (NCAC)
08/01/17 Noon Receipt
Grants generally ranging from $200 to $5,000 to Cabarrus County, North Carolina nonprofit organizations for quality arts programs and projects that benefit local residents. Funding is intended to support projects that demonstrate exemplary forms of artistic expression in a variety of artistic disciplines.
Project Assistance Grants may support artistic expenses directly related to the proposed project. Allowable fees may include artists' fees, marketing, promotion, travel, contractual fees, rental or purchase of equipment and other project-related costs.
GrantWatch ID#: 158951
Project Assistance Grants are generally awarded for amounts of $200 to $5,000, although there are no prescribed restrictions.
Funded projects should be completed between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018.
- Project Assistance Grants are available to nonprofit organizations in Cabarrus County.
- Funds may be awarded to nonprofit organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Organizations that do not have the required nonprofit status may use an arts council-approved fiscal agent for up to three years. The fiscal agent is fiscally and legally responsible for any grant award.
- Project Assistance Grants may not be used for religious organizations.
- Project Assistance Grants may not be used for internal programs at schools, libraries, colleges or universities. Funding may be considered when an institution is developing a program that involves and serves the greater community. The applicant must demonstrate that the proposed project will reach beyond the organization’s usual audience or campus.
- Project Assistance Grants may not be used to fund history programs.
Eligible Use of Funds:
- Project Assistance Grants may support artistic expenses directly related to the proposed project.
- Allowable fees may include artists fees, marketing, promotion, travel, contractual fees, rental or purchase of equipment and other project-related costs.
Ineligible Use of Funds - Project Assistance Grants fund project costs and may not be used for:
- Administrative staff or general operating expenses
- Activities concurrent with the project that are not arts-related
- Food or beverages for hospitality or entertainment functions
- Capital expenditures
- Fundraising events
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to access the application and guidelines in PDF and Word format.
Applications must be received at the Cabarrus Arts Council’s office by noon on August 1. This is not a postmark deadline. Applications will not be accepted by fax or email. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Organizations may apply for one arts council grant per year.
August 1: Grant applications due by noon
September: Panel meetings and organization interviews
October: Applicants will be informed of funding decisions. These decisions will still depend on the final amount received from Grassroots funding from the North Carolina Arts Council, a state agency.
November: When the state budget is finalized and Grassroots Grant amounts are assured, the Cabarrus Arts Council will notify organizations of any adjustments to grant amounts.
December - February: First check will be mailed to grant recipients. Grassroots funds are sent from the state in installments.
May 15: Final reports are due immediately following project completion and no later than noon on May 15.
Note: When dates fall on a weekend, the due date will be the following Monday
- Organizations may apply for up to 50% of the cost of the project.
- Grant funds must be matched in cash. In-kind contributions may not be considered for matching purposes, but may be documented as additional evidence of support.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications by mail to:
65 Union Street South
(P.O. Box 809)
Concord, NC 28025
Phone: (704) 920-2787
Box Office: (704) 920-2753
USA: North Carolina: Cabarrus County