Foundation / Corporation
Barberton Community Foundation (BCF)
01/15/18 4:00 PM
Grants to Barberton, Ohio nonprofits for services that improve the quality of life for local citizens. Funding is intended to support initiatives that address a measurable need within the community. Funding is intended to support projects that benefit the citizens of Barberton, the City of Barberton, or the Barberton City Schools.
The Barberton Community Foundation (BCF) established the Youth Philanthropy Committee (YPC) in 2000, giving youth the opportunity and legitimate authority to directly improve the lives of Barberton residents.
With funding provided by BCF, a committee of selected Barberton High School students, working as a grants committee, review non-profit grant proposals, develop questions for, and interview grant applicants, then make grant award decisions based on internal discussion. Award recommendations are presented to the BCF Board of Directors Grants Committee at the conclusion of the review process.
GrantWatch ID#: 159153
- Applying organization must be a “qualified organization,” which means an organization described in Section 501(c)(3) and Sections 509(a)(1) or (2) of the Internal Revenue Code or is a government unit described in Section 170(c)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(v) of the Code.
- The organization must have been in existence for a minimum of two years prior to application. The organization need not have been a “qualified organization” for two years.
Grants are not given to:
- Projects that do not exclusively benefit the citizens of Barberton
- Fund on-going operating expenses
- Fund debt-reductions, deficits or previous obligations
- Fund annual fund raising drives or fund raising activities
- Fund political projects, sabbatical leaves or scholarly research
- Fund venture capital for competitive profit-making activities
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Endowments housed at institutions other than the Barberton Community Foundation
Deadline: Friday, January 15, 2016, 4:00 pm
Any proposal for the benefit of Barberton City Schools and its students, must first be submitted to the Superintendent for review and approval by the Barberton City school District Board. Only after the proposal is approved by the School Board, will it be reviewed by the Barberton Community Foundation.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The Barberton Community Foundation
460 W. Paige Avenue
Barberton, OH 44203
To contact the Foundation:
Debora S. Rolland, Vice President of Community Impact
USA: Ohio: Barberton