Minnesota State Arts Board
08/23/19 Before 4:30 PM
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to Minnesota health and human service nonprofit organizations to provide arts experiences to their constituents. Organizations must provide services for underserved populations. Funding is intended to expand opportunities for Minnesotans to participate in the arts.
Grant funds may be used by Minnesota nonprofit health or human service organizations to integrate the arts into their programming or services. Applicants may choose to have their constituents engage in existing high quality arts experiences, and/or may work with an artist or arts organization to design tailored to meet the needs of the constituents they serve.
Partners in Arts Participation funds may be used for purposes such as:
- Bringing in artists or arts organizations to offer arts programming at the applicant organization’s facility or at a location selected by the applicant.
- Purchasing tickets to one or more arts activities (performance, exhibitions, etc.) presented by the selected artist(s) or arts organization(s).
- Covering expenses for transportation, daycare, or other expenses that are perceived to be a barrier to arts participation for the applicant’s constituents.
- Planning and preparing the proposed arts activities, and implementing and evaluating the overall project.
Proposed projects must address at least one of the following program outcomes:
- Minnesota health or human service organizations use arts to help achieve their service goals.
- Minnesota health or human service organizations develop authentic partnerships with artists or arts organizations.
- Grantee client populations have arts experiences that contribute to their well-being
Applicants should charge a fee for admission or participation whenever it is feasible to do so. Free programming may be a necessary strategy in limited circumstances—when cost is a barrier to participation, or when activities will take place in a setting (like a school or senior center) where it isn’t reasonable to charge for the service.
GrantWatch ID#: 159273
Minimum grant amount – $5,000
Maximum grant amount – $25,000
This program funds activities that will take place between March 1, 2020, and February 28, 2021.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://apply.mnartsboard.com/index.do
For questions about the content of the application form or narrative:
Natalie Kennedy-Schuck, Program Officer
For questions about the technical aspects of the application forms, or questions about electronic submission, please e-mail the Arts Board at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following staff member may also be called regarding technical aspects, but e-mail is preferred:
Tom Miller, WebGrants project manager
Minnesota State Arts Board
Park Square Court, Suite 200
400 Sibley Street
Saint Paul, MN 55101-1928
All staff can be reached toll-free at (800) 866-2787.