Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation for San Benito County (CFFSBC)
Grants of up to $10,000 to California nonprofits for programs that improve the quality of life in San Benito County. Funding is intended for capacity building or for projects related to the environment, community enhancement, education and youth, agriculture preservation, arts and culture, economic development, and health and social services.
Proposals of Capacity Building Grants will be given highest priority followed by grants for specific projects in the following Fields of Interest:
- Agriculture Preservation - Supporting programs which sustain our robust farmland, and promoting our agriculture community
- Environment - Supporting programs which promote the best environmental practices for the well-being of our community
- Arts and Culture - Supporting new and traditional forms of visual and performing arts through education and experience
- Community Enhancement - Providing an enduring impact through the civic and historical aspects of community life
- Economic Development - Supporting projects and initiatives that lead to economic growth and prosperity for the community
- Education and Youth - Supporting programs which enhance learning and impact knowledge, skills, and attitudes
- Health and Social Services - Improving health and providing for basic needs and social service programs
All Matching Grant Applications accepted will be fairly evaluated and ranked based upon the most effective use of grant resources with emphasis on community impact, financial leverage, collaboration, and sustainability.
In addition to Capacity Building Grants the Grants Committee will also fund projects which include the following values and criteria:
- Creates a positive impact in areas of demonstrated need within San Benito County
- Supports diversity of the community with fairness and respect
- Addresses significant community issues
- Strengthens organizational capacity and accountability
- Encourages collaboration and coordination of service delivery
- Leverages financial opportunities from other funders and individuals
- Boosts management capacity to execute the project to conclusion with effectiveness
- Provides a concise plan for project evaluation and documented sustainability
- Demonstrates significant financial need and avoids duplication of service
GrantWatch ID#: 159367
Matching grants do not exceed $10,000.
Applicants who are awarded a grant during the first grant cycle must apply for their funding by October 31, 2019. Matching grant awards will expire if not funded by the deadline specified.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please submit your Grant Application to Gary Byrne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Foundation for San Benito County
829 San Benito St #200
Hollister, CA 95023
USA: California: San Benito County