Foundation / Corporation
Eveleth Area Community Foundation Fund (EACF) - Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation
Grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to Eveleth, Minnesota nonprofits for programs benefiting the local community in the areas of arts, community and economic development, education, environment, and human services. An LOI must be submitted before applying. Eligible organizations must be located in, or provide services to, the geographic boundaries of the Eveleth-Gilbert School District.
The Advisory Board may, from time to time, emphasize one area over another when emerging needs or opportunities require special attention.
Within these five areas, priority will be given to projects that meet some or all of these criteria:
- Are collaborative or organizational efforts that address budget deficiencies or strengthen service results
- Address underlying causes of community problems or are preventive in nature;
- Are new and require start-up funds;
- Undertake studies on matters which impact civic issues or public policy;
- Help organizations resolve crisis situations within our community;
- Build the organization’s program and/or management capacity or quality;
- Respond to well-documented community needs and/or require a moderate amount of grant money but produce significant results in the service area.
- Embrace the spirit of generosity and giving
One-time core mission support may be considered for funding if:
- There is a demonstrated and critical timely need for effective program services; and/or
- An organization is strategically positioned to provide core services and requires assistance to meet demands; and/or
- A unique situation could effectively be addressed with one-time support
Note: Unrestricted funds cannot provide long-term support for any purpose. Therefore, agencies must have the financial potential to sustain a program after the Foundation’s funding has ended. However, during critical times, one-time grant awards for general operating support are intended to provide temporary assistance.
The following areas are of low priority and usually will not be considered for funding: activities that are traditionally supported or provided by government; transportation costs for school field trips.
GrantWatch ID#: 159680
Grants generally range from $500 to $5,000.
To be eligible to apply for funding, an organization must:
- Be classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; or classified as an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Be located in or provide service to residents within the Eveleth Area Community Foundation service area. This area is defined as the Eveleth-Gilbert School District geographic boundary. If more information or clarification is needed on the service area, applicants are encouraged to contact the Eveleth Area Community Foundation.
The Foundation does not make grants for the following:
Endowments; religious organizations for religious activities; medical research; debt retirement; requests from re-granting organizations for funding to be used for their own grant-making activities; individuals (except scholarships initiated or managed by the Eveleth Area Community Foundation); political organizations or campaigns; tickets for benefits; telephone solicitations; fund-raising drives or activities; and organizations with a substantial part of their purpose the influencing of legislation.
Applications are due by February 1st every year - with a Letter of Intent deadline two weeks before that (January 18th in 2019). Early submission of your LOI is strongly encouraged.
The Advisory Board will determine grants at its March meeting.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Kursula Harris, Grants Management Assistant
222 East Superior Street
Zeitgeist Arts Bldg #302
Duluth, MN 55802
USA: Minnesota: Eveleth-Gilbert School District