Grants of up to $40,000 to Pennsylvania and New Jersey nonprofit organizations in eligible areas for arts education programs that benefit local youth. Funding is intended to assist organizations that serve young people ages 11 to 18 and offer in-school or out-of-school-time programs in photography, written arts, architectural drawing, and architecture. Eligible applicants are located in the Greater Philadelphia area, including Burlington and Camden counties in New Jersey.
Be open to all young people ages 11 to 18
Be offered for a minimum of one semester, with preference being given for year-long programs
Be focused on written arts or on the specific visual arts of photography, architecture, or architectural drawing.
Applicants to the Forman Family Fund will fit under the following criteria for eligibility:
• The organization is located in and/or serves constituents within the five-county Philadelphia region.
• The organization has been certified as tax exempt under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code; or is collaborating with an experienced fiscal sponsor with a 501(c) (3) IRS exemption
• If the organization is a religious institution, it may only apply for nonsectarian activities
• The organization has adopted a nondiscrimination policy including race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.
• Program must have been operating for at least two years with a proven track record.
Private foundations are not eligible.
- Applications are due by September 11, 2023, at 11:59 PM.
- Grant announcements made by Friday, October 20, 2023
Applicants can expect to hear from the Philadelphia Foundation within a month of when they begin to process applications.
Grant awards may not be more than 10% of the applicant's operating budget and must be used for expenses not yet incurred.
Term of Contract
Program must be offered for a minimum of one semester, with preference being given for year-long programs.
Any school or organization receiving a grant may be eligible to receive support for consecutive years, especially where more than one year of support will allow young people to further advance in either the visual or written arts as defined by grant guidelines. Such additional support is conditional on both a report for the prior grant being received and a new application submitted.