National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) South Central Region (SCR)
03/01/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $25,000 to Arkansas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma libraries and community- or faith-based organizations for programs that enhance the use of and access to authoritative health-related information resources. Funding is intended for projects that aim to improve health literacy and enable healthcare consumers to make informed decisions.
The goals of the Consumer Health Outreach Awards are to fund projects to:
- Connect consumers to health information resources they need to make informed healthcare decisions.
- Increase awareness about the resources and services of the NLM
- Promote health information literacy in health education and healthcare
- Improve access to electronic health information
- Promote and improve access to library and information services
- Promote and improve the use of technology for information access
- Encourage partnerships between public, hospital and school libraries, community, faith-based, and volunteer organizations, health clinics, public health departments, and other public venues
- Promote outreach by network members to share their expertise and resources with a target audience not normally reached
- Preference will be given to projects that reach underserved or rural populations
Proposals should be directed at improving health information literacy and/or ensuring that healthcare consumers are aware of, and have access to, high quality electronic information resources to make informed health care decisions.
Funding will cover (these are examples only and are not meant to be all-inclusive): Personnel, equipment, software, Internet service provider fees, supplies, travel and reproduction.
For a list of project examples, see the URL for Full Text link below.
GrantWatch ID#: 159841
Up to $25,000
The funding period is Wednesday, May 15, 2019 to Thursday, April 30, 2020.
Public librarians, community-based and faith-based organizations are encouraged to apply.
Network members in the NNLM SCR (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas) are eligible to apply. Network membership is free and open to institutions interested in providing health information.
To apply for membership:
Food and furniture costs are not allowed.
IDC is allowable. The institution’s negotiated rate for other sponsored activities should be used. If your institution does not have a negotiated rate a maximum of 10% can be used for IDC.
Promotional items are not allowable. Promotional items include, but are not limited to: clothing and commemorative items such as pens, mugs/cups, folders/folios, lanyards, and conference bags that are sometimes provided to visitors, employees, grantees, or conference attendees. Typically, items or tokens to be given to individuals are considered personal gifts for which appropriated funds may not be expended.
Applications are due Friday, March 1, 2019 - 5:00 PM.
Funding will be processed on a cost reimbursement basis.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Lisa Smith, Executive Director
National Network of Libraries of Medicine South Central Region
University of North Texas Health Science Center
Gibson D. Lewis Health Science Library
3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth TX 76107
USA: Arkansas; Louisiana; New Mexico; Oklahoma; Texas