Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
Awards of $75,000 to recognize Greater Atlanta, Georgia nonprofits that use excellent management practices and innovative thinking to positively impact the communities they serve. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an orientation session on December 21. Applicants will be assessed on all aspects of their management and operations.
These awards are provided to nonprofits working in the fields of arts, community development, education, nonprofit effectiveness, and well-being.
- Arts: Build a dynamic arts ecology to ensure all residents in the region will have access to high quality cultural experiences and diverse artistic programs.
- Community Development: Ensure that the region produces equitable economic growth, strong civic health and safe communities.
- Education: Improve outcomes and expand opportunities for all learners across the education spectrum, from early learning through post-secondary and workforce preparation.
- Nonprofit Effectiveness: Invest in the region’s nonprofits with the tools and financial resources to effectively manage operations and high-performing programs.
- Well-being: Ensure a healthy, safe and engaged region, where residents have access to health care and nutritious food.
The review committee will seek to learn why your organization is exceptional, how your attributes add up and how your management excellence contributes to your success. Competitive organizations will demonstrate they have the infrastructure for long term impact and consistent delivery of services through economic and leadership transition.
Award recipients will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Strong Leadership - Leaders promote an ethical, diverse and inclusive culture, are invested in developing the capacity of staff and volunteers, and respond proactively to challenges and opportunities.
- Solid Business Practices: Organization has written policies and consistent practices for developing and reviewing the annual budget, assessing staff, implementing the strategic plan, and securing signed memoranda of agreement, confidentiality agreements and conflict of interest statements.
- Stable Infrastructure: Organization is financially sustainable, has a plan for building and maintaining policies for operating reserves and invests in operations and technology.
- Mission and Impact: Organization has a current strategic plan and regularly monitors progress toward goals in the strategic plan. The organization has thoughtful program and operational metrics and regularly seeks stakeholder feedback.
- Innovation: Organization considers new solutions to challenges and builds creative thought partnerships that lead to greater responsiveness and better efficiencies in programs, operations and governance.
Organizations selected for this award have strong written policies that guide their governance practices, a thorough strategic plan that unifies the organization’s board, staff and volunteers, responsive evaluation methods, outstanding program outcomes, robust partnerships that expand the organization’s reach and demonstrate cultural competence in all aspect of the organization’s work.
Awardees are selected from two budget categories: organizations with budgets under $2,000,000, and organizations with budgets above $2,000,000.
GrantWatch ID#: 159977
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta presents this award to two organizations annually.
Recipients each receive a $75,000 cash award, consulting services, a professional development opportunity at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and a robust package of marketing and recognition opportunities.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://www.gdg.do/prod1/portal/portal.jsp?c=8693710&p=8699963&g=8699983
Click here to register for the online orientation session: https://cc.readytalk.com/registration/#/?meeting=kg2e8mlwuvum&campaign=n3gfpq3t8y8x
Director, Community Advancement
USA: Georgia: 23-County Greater Atlanta Area
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofit charitable organizations to impact public policy in a variety of national and international issues. In previous years, grants have been awarded for general operations and project support to think tanks, national councils, judicial orga
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations in multiple states and provinces to improve the quality of life in eligible regions. Funding is intended to address priority areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion; workforce development; civic and cultural growth; hum
Grants of up to $20,000 to USA and Territories nonprofit organizations and academic institutions for research projects addressing social change. Priority will be given to projects promoting racial justice and equitable legal practices including projects on racism, class
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grants to USA and International nonprofit organizations, for-profit entities, and agencies for initiatives to benefit families, children, and communities. Applicants are required to submit an LOI prior to submitting a full proposal. Focus areas include equitable communi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to improve the quality of life for residents. Grant funds will support innovative projects and initiatives that encourage environmental awareness and activism. Funding is intended to support activism, educate and engage, strengthen
Grants to Alberta and USA nonprofit organizations for projects and programs to benefit communities where the funding source has a presence. Funding is intended for projects in the focus areas of education, hunger prevention, health and wellness, and disaster relief. A p