Foundation / Corporation
U.S. Trust, Bank of America - Alfred and Tillie Shemanski Testamentary Trust
10/15/17 11:59 PM
Grants to Washington nonprofit organizations in the Seattle and Puget Sound area for programs and projects that focus on education, health, human services, religious tolerance, and capacity building and cooperation among local Jewish congregations.
The Funding Source's mission is to:
- Improve the capacity of and cooperation among Jewish congregations in the City of Seattle, Washington.
- Support interfaith tolerance and understanding.
- Provide scholarship assistance, primarily to the University of Washington and Seattle University.
- Support and promote quality educational, human services, and health care programming for economically disadvantaged individuals and families.
The advisory committee seeks to make grants in keeping with the following values:
- Religious respect and tolerance
- Caring for those in financial stress
- Strengthening the Jewish community
Grant requests are intended for specific programs, general operating support, start-up funding, and prizes or awards.
GrantWatch ID#: 160276
Grants from the Shemanski Trust are one year in duration.
Nonprofits serving vital community needs in the Seattle and Puget Sound area are eligible.
Funding will not be considered for projects by individuals or for political purposes. Tickets for dinners or other fundraising events, or requests for sponsorship of courtesy advertising will also be considered ineligible.
The application deadline for the Shemanski Trust is October 15, 2017. Applicants will be notified of committee’s grant decisions by mail.
Decisions will be made by November 30.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Washington: Seattle and Puget Sound Area