Grants of up to $20,000 to Ohio nonprofit organizations and government agencies for community enhancement projects in eligible locations. Funding is intended for activities in the focus areas of basic needs, education, arts and culture, environment, animal welfare, and economic opportunity. Preference will be given to programs addressing recovery, housing, mental health, and workforce development. Eligible applicants serve the residents of Delaware County.
Priority will be given to nonprofit organizations that are specifically addressing these areas:
Animal Welfare: Promoting the proper care of animals and the many ways they bring quality to lives.
Arts & Culture: Support for arts and cultural activities that enrich the lives of individuals, promote interactions among residents, and build community.
Basic Needs: Investment in approaches that combat food insecurity, provide affordable housing, and remove barriers to transportation, childcare, and education for low-income residents.
Education: Support for innovative programs for all students, preschool through adult.
Economic Opportunity: Investment in the workforce of tomorrow by funding programs that build prosperity, create jobs, and enhance the quality of life in communities.
Environment: Funding solutions that contribute to a healthier, cleaner, and more sustainable Ohio.
- Nonprofit organizations and government entities with projects that benefit Delaware County residents are eligible to apply.
- Organizations that either (a) have established their tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are not “private foundations” as defined under section 509(a) of the Code; or (b) have tax exemption as a governmental or other publicly-funded entity; or (c) have a qualified, tax-exempt fiscal sponsor.
Grants are not made to individuals.
- Activities that are non-secular or promote a religious doctrine
- Academic or medical research
- Annual fundraising campaigns or events
- Creation of, or addition to, endowment funds
- Payment of debt or legal settlements
- Political or partisan purposes
- June 15, 2023: Grant opportunity opens
- July 31, 2023, 11:59 pm: Grant submission deadline
- Mid-December: Grants Announced
Estimated Size of Grant
Grants are expected to range between $2,500 to $20,000.
Term of Contract
Grant projects are typically completed by the applicant within 12 months after Foundation approval; however, preference will be given to projects that plan to be completed within 6 months of funding.