Foundation / Corporation
Greater Green Bay Community Foundation (GGBCF)
Grants ranging from $3,000 to $20,000 to greater Green Bay area, Wisconsin nonprofits and governmental agencies (such as schools and municipalities) for programs and projects that directly benefit local residents. Applicants are encouraged to speak with Foundation staff prior to applying.
The Foundation places primary emphasis on applicants that benefit residents living in Brown, Kewaunee, and Oconto Counties.
Although all innovative ideas that meet emerging needs or opportunities will be considered, these are priority areas:
- Arts and Culture
- Education and Learning, especially programs addressing outcomes related to Achieve Brown County
- Human Services and Basic Needs, especially programs addressing the root causes of poverty
- Neighborhoods and Community
- Quality of Life for the Elderly
- Women and Girls, especially programs that target ages 9-15
- Workforce development, especially programs addressing outcomes related to Achieve Brown County
Types of Grants:
- Program or project support
- Equipment related directly to projects
- Technology, equipment improvements, and staff or board training and planning that enhance organizational capacity or develop greater organizational efficiency
- Other priorities as determined by the Grants Committee
Projects will be evaluated on the following criteria, with bolded criteria given particular consideration. Strong programs will:
- Create impact in at least one current priority area
- Articulate a well-defined need with clearly defined actions to meet the need
- Build organizational capacity and lead the program to become self-sufficient
- Use collaboration to leverage impact
- Be feasible and likely to succeed
- Have a reasonable level of risk
- Propose an accurate, appropriate and reasonable budget
- Attract additional funding and leverage resources
- Clearly define meaningful and measurable project outcomes and methods to report actual outcomes
- Have a long-term impact, especially relative to cost
- Have a positive standing with the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation regarding previously received grants, including the complete and timely submission of final reports
GrantWatch ID#: 160375
An appropriate request is $3,000 to $20,000.
All applicants must meet the following:
- Be a nonprofit organization with a 501(c)(3) designation by the Internal Revenue Service or a governmental body, such as a school or municipality.
- Directly serve the people of the greater Green Bay area, with primary emphasis on those residing in Brown, Kewaunee and Oconto counties.
- Conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual preference, age, marital status, disability or national origin.
The Funds for Greater Green Bay does not support the following:
- Ongoing operations of single organizations
- Annual appeals, capital campaigns or other fundraising activities or events
- Religious activities or programs that serve, or appear to serve, specific religious organizations, groups, denominations, or beliefs
- Debt retirement, debt financing, reduction of an operating deficit or replenishment of resources used to pay for such purposes
- Lobbying or legislative activities
- Capital improvements
- Programming or expenses occurring before the grant is awarded
- Efforts substantially serving people outside of Brown, Kewaunee and Oconto counties
The Funds for Greater Green Bay will be disbursed through two application cycles a year. Applications must be received by the Foundation on July 1 and January 11.
Decisions will be announced within 8-10 weeks of the application deadline.
Before applying for a grant, the Foundation encourages you to talk to their staff to discuss your ideas. Please contact Amber Paluch to have a brief conversation (see Contact Information section below).
Click here for information on how to apply: https://www.ggbcf.org/-Grant-Scholarship-Seekers/Apply-for-a-Grant
To submit a grant request, apply online. Review the online application questions and requirements, which include the budget form (see Supporting Documents section below).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://www.ggbcf.org/Login?returnurl=%2fAdmin%2fUser-Accounts
USA: Wisconsin: Greater Green Bay Area, with primary emphasis on those residing in Brown, Kewaunee and Oconto Counties