Foundation / Corporation
Baltimore Community Foundation - Baltimore Women's Giving Circle (BWGC)
Grants of up to $20,000 and grants of up to $50,000 to Baltimore County, Maryland nonprofits to support economically disadvantaged women of all ages and their families. Programs may include housing, addiction, financial literacy, education, health services, parenting, life skills, mentoring, workforce development, legal services, and violence prevention.
GrantWatch ID#: 160379
One-year grants are awarded in amounts up to $20,000. Two two-year grants will also be awarded in amounts up to $50,000.
Awards are made for a grant cycle beginning on July 1 of the award year and ending on June 30 of the following year. All grant funds must be expended during this time period. The top-scoring applicants will be considered for a two-year grant.
The Fund welcomes grant applications from organizations that serve women and their families in Baltimore City and/or Baltimore County.
Organizations must qualify as a not-for-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Organizational endowments
- Capital improvements, fixtures, furniture and equipment, except for items that directly benefit program participants
- Purchase of event tickets or event sponsorships
- Deficit reduction
- Annual drives or annual giving campaigns
- Political activities or political action committees
- Programs requiring adherence to or acceptance of a particular religious belief, or programs requiring participation in a religious service or activity.
Grant applications will be accepted starting on October 15. Grant proposals must be received by our deadline of November 30 to be considered. Grantee selections are announced the following April.
After your grant proposal is submitted, the BWGC grant selection process proceeds as follows:
- December: Grant applications are checked for compliance and completeness. Applicants whose proposals do not meet the BWGC criteria will be notified by email.
- January: Grant applications are assigned to teams of BWGC volunteer grant readers. Each team receives approximately six proposals to review and evaluate.
- February: Teams announce to the Grants Committee those proposals that have been selected for a site visit. Applicants not selected for a site visit will be eliminated from further consideration and will be notified by email.
- February - March: Teams conduct site visits to organizations that are being considered for funding. After the site visits, teams determine which projects to recommend for funding. Applicants eliminated after site visits will be notified by email. Site visits do not indicate funding will be awarded.
- April: Through a voting process, Baltimore Women’s Giving Circle members select their final recommendations for one-year grantee awards. All applicants will be notified by email of the final status of their applications for one-year grants.
- May: See page 5 for information on the two-year grants process.
- June: Grant agreements are sent to successful applicants for one- and two-year grants.
Two-Year Process Timeline:
- November 30: Grant application deadline
- January – March: One-year grant applications are evaluated and site visits are conducted.
- April 10: One-year grant application process concludes with grant team presentations, followed by voting.
- April 18: Top 4-6 vote-getters, who indicated interest in applying for two-year grants, are notified
- May 8: Two-year applicants make presentations at a Full Circle meeting, followed by voting.
- Late May: Two-year grant award recipients are notified.
- June: Grant agreements are sent to successful one- and two-year applicants.
Applicant Video Tutorial:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Baltimore Women's Giving Circle
2 East Read Street, 9th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
USA: Maryland: Baltimore City and Baltimore County