Foundation / Corporation
Baltimore Community Foundation - Baltimore Women's Giving Circle (BWGC)
Grants of up to $20,000 and grants of up to $50,000 to Baltimore County, Maryland nonprofits to support economically disadvantaged women of all ages and their families. Programs may include housing, addiction, financial literacy, education, health services, parenting, life skills, mentoring, workforce development, legal services, and violence prevention.
GrantWatch ID#: 160379
One-year grants are awarded in amounts up to $20,000. Two two-year grants will also be awarded in amounts up to $50,000.
Awards are made for a grant cycle beginning on July 1 of the award year and ending on June 30 of the following year. All grant funds must be expended during this time period. The top-scoring applicants will be considered for a two-year grant.
The Fund welcomes grant applications from organizations that serve women and their families in Baltimore City and/or Baltimore County.
Organizations must qualify as a not-for-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
-Capital improvements, fixtures, furniture and equipment, except for items that directly benefit program participants
-Purchase of event tickets or event sponsorships
-Annual drives or annual giving campaigns
-Political activities or political action committees
-Programs requiring adherence to or acceptance of a particular religious belief, or programs requiring participation in a religious service or activity.
Grant applications will be accepted starting on the first Monday in October. Grant proposals must be received by the first Monday in December to be considered.
After your grant proposal is submitted, the BWGC grant selection process proceeds as follows:
- December: Grant applications are checked for compliance and completeness. Applicants whose proposals do not meet the BWGC criteria will be notified by email.
- January: Grant applications are assigned to teams of BWGC volunteer grant readers. Each team receives approximately six proposals to review and evaluate.
- February: Teams announce to the Grants Committee those proposals that have been selected for a site visit. Applicants not selected for a site visit will be eliminated from further consideration and will be notified by email.
- February - March: Teams conduct site visits to organizations that are being considered for funding. After the site visits, teams determine which projects to recommend for funding and present their recommendations to the Grants Committee. Site visits do not indicate funding will be awarded, and applicants eliminated after site visits will be notified by email.
- April - May: Through a voting process, Baltimore Women’s Giving Circle members select their final recommendations for one-year grantee awards. The top award recipients will be considered for a second year of funding after an additional presentation and subsequent vote, if they indicated their interest by completing the additional parts of the application.
- June: Grant agreements are sent to successful applicants. Notification emails are sent to the remaining applicants that were not funded.
Two-Year Process Timeline
- December 4: Grant application deadline
- January – March: One-year grant applications are evaluated and site visits are conducted
- April 11: One-year grant application process concludes with grant team presentations
- April 19: Voting for one-year grant recipients occurs. Top vote-getters are identified
- April 23: Top 4-8 applicants deemed eligible for consideration for a two-year award are notified
- May 9: Eligible two-year applicants present at the Full Circle meeting
- June: Two-year grant award recipients are notified
Grants overview: http://www.thebwgc.org/grant-application-overview
Applicant Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oPa0E3V7uU&feature=youtu.be
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=thebwgc
Baltimore Women's Giving Circle
2 East Read Street, 9th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
USA: Maryland: Baltimore City and Baltimore County