Foundation / Corporation
Kenora and Lake of the Woods Regional Community Foundation (KLOWRCF)
09/15/18 - Lake of the Woods Dream Funds applications only
Grants to Ontario registered charities and nonprofit organizations for programs in Kenora and Lake of Woods region that focus on the general needs of the community. Interested applicants must contact the Foundation to determine eligibility before applying. Funding is intended for community services, health and wellness, social welfare, arts and culture, environment, and animal welfare.
Grants made from the Moffat Family Fund will consider the provision of services for:
Preference is given to projects which:
- Encourage more efficient use of community resources;
- Demonstrate innovative approaches and techniques to solve community issues, and build individual, neighborhood and/or community capacity;
- Address the root causes of issues in the community;
- Promote cooperation and sharing among organizations, eliminating duplication of services;
- Promote volunteer participation;
- Strengthen an organization's capacity to be sustainable.
Organizations must demonstrate a strong and committed board, fiscal responsibility and effective management. An operating budget must be submitted.
Projects must benefit primarily, the people in the catchment are of the Foundation. Applicants must establish that there is a need for the project.
Grants are awarded for specific purposes. Pilot or demonstration projects must include provisions for evaluation and a realistic plan for fiscal financial viability beyond the pilot stage. Matching or challenge grants may be made in appropriate circumstances to stimulate responses from other sources.
GrantWatch ID#: 160542
Grants are awarded for projects covering a definite period of typically one year or less.
Only registered charities in good standing with CRA, offering programs benefiting residents and visitors to the Kenora and Lake of the Woods Region, are eligible to apply.
Grants are not made to:
- Support operating expenses of established agencies or programs
Grants are not made to or for:
- Annual fund drives
- Pay down mortgages or reduce deficits
- Projects already completed
- Political activities
- Direct religious activities
Before proceeding with the application, interested applicants must contact the office by phone or email to determine eligibility.
There are three deadlines each year for grant application to the Kenora and Lake of the Woods Regional Community Foundation:
- February 28 - Moffat Family Fund applications, supporting projects for children and families (For consideration for June Granting Ceremony)
- May 1 - Lake of the Woods Dream Funds applications, supporting projects for the general needs of the community (For consideration for June Granting Ceremony)
- September 15 - Community Funds applications, supporting projects for the general needs of the community (For consideration for November Granting Ceremony)
All applications must be submitted online, through the website portal.
If a deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, applications will be accepted until the end of the next business day. If an applicant would like to confirm a deadline, please feel free to call the Community Foundation office.
Organization are eligible to apply for funding once per calendar year.
Call for Proposals:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For the online application, see the URL For Full Text link below.
Kenora, ON P9N 3X4