Foundation / Corporation
Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
Award of $5,000 to a USA or Canada mathematician for their significant and positive impact on K-16 students. The award will recognize a pure or applied mathematician who holds a Ph.D. and has published research and contributed to mathematics education in any of the following ways:
- Developing or assessing the K-16 mathematics curriculum, including publication of educational texts, instructional materials, or software.
- Developing successful programs for improving teaching, teacher preparation, gender equity and diversity of students or faculty, undergraduate research, or mentoring in K-16 mathematics
- Developing or promoting technology for K-16 educational use.
- Drafting or disseminating major publications related to K-16 mathematics education.
- Influencing legislation or policy related to K-16 mathematics education.
- Developing or contributing to mathematics enrichment programs for K-12 students and teachers.
- Raising the profile of K-16 mathematics education concerns, including equity and diversity in the larger mathematics community.
GrantWatch ID#: 160652
A nominee must:
- Have received a Ph.D. in pure or applied mathematics
- Have a record of published research in pure or applied mathematics
- Have a record of distinguished contributions to K-16 mathematics education in the United States or Canada
- Have not received the MAA’s Gung & Hu Award within the last five years (effective January 2016).
Nominations are due September 1, 2017. Nominees will automatically be held in consideration for three years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email the nomination form to: email@example.com
Carolyn Kesner, Grants Manager
Mathematical Association of America
1529 18th St. NW
Washington DC 20036-1358
P: (202) 387-5200
P: (800) 741-9415
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon