Grants of up to $10,000 to British Columbia registered charities and qualified donees to improve the quality of life for local residents in eligible locations. Funding is intended for activities in the following focus areas: food and shelter, art and culture, health and social services, children and youth, leisure and recreation, planet and environment, and seniors and disabled. Funding may be used for new and existing programs as well as capital expenses. Activities should benefit Maple Ridge.
The Foundation seeks to fund programs and projects that:
Provide a direct service to the community
Benefit a wide audience
Present an innovative and creative approach to address a community concern
- You must be a not-for-profit organization/charity registered with the Canadian Revenue Agency
- The charity must be a qualified donee under the Income Tax Act
- The charity must be operating in Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
- The registered charity number must be included in the application
- Applicants must demonstrate fiscal responsibility and effective management
The Foundation does NOT fund projects and programs for:
- Individuals or businesses
- 100% of project costs
- Retroactive funding, or for any project expenses to be incurred prior to the Community Foundation’s decision date
- Fundraising activities
- Endowment Grants
- Activities of religious organizations that serve primarily their membership and/or their direct religious purposes
- Operating or capital deficits
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until 4:00pm on November 10, 2023. The Community Foundation requires approximately four to six weeks to process an application.
MRCF is planning to celebrate the community at The ACT on December 7, 2023.
In addition to attending the granting ceremony, the successful applicants will be required to submit a video detailing their project on or before November 28, 2023 to be played during the ceremony.
Grants awarded by the Community Foundation are typically in the range of $250 – $10,000.
Term of Contract
The Maple Ridge Community Foundation may consider funding a multi-year project or program if there is a clear indication the grant will build upon the capacity and strength of the organization, and a clear sustainability plan has been included.
If you have questions concerning your eligibility or the types of programs and projects that are funded, please do not hesitate to contact the Community Foundation at 604-466-3312.