Foundation / Corporation
06/02/19 Midnight PT - Regular Submission Deadline
Grants of up to $20,000 to USA, Canada, and International entrepreneurs representing any business model, including both nonprofits and for-profits, for creative interventions to end poverty on a mass scale. The funding will be used to launch a pilot of the proposed program in any region of the world where extreme poverty exists. Applicants are invited to submit a proposal that solves one of the following Distribution Challenges:
- Sugar Daddy Awareness Challenge
- Quality Seed Challenge
- Fertilizer Challenge
- Improved Farm Practices Challenge
- Custom Agriculture Challenge
- Solar Lamp Challenge
- Cook Stove Challenge
- Patient Identification Challenge
- Maternal Health Challenge
- VMMC Challenge
- PMTCT Challenge
- Sayana Press Challenge
- Immunization Challenge
- Flipped Classroom Challenge
- Student Testing Challenge
Governance and Infrastructure:
- Transparency Challenge
- Propose Your Own Challenge: If you know of another proven intervention in need of greater distribution, D-Prize would like to hear it. The only requirements are to choose an already proven poverty solution that is in need of distribution to more people in the developing world.
For information about judging criteria, see:
GrantWatch ID#: 160904
Up to 25 of the most promising proposals will be selected for funding awards, regardless of which challenge track was selected.
All winners will be awarded up to $20,000 in the form of a convertible grant. The average D-Prize award size is $12,000.
D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
Apply if you have enormous ambition, and can imagine yourself as a successful entrepreneur. You are ready to launch your new venture, and - if a pilot proves successful – you are excited to grow it into a world changing organization. D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between).
D-Prize challenges are open to anyone or any teams. The sole restriction is that individuals and their immediate family on the judging panel may not participate as a contestant.
Select a challenge above. First Round proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis, using the following deadlines. The Fund strives to send decisions out within three weeks. Judges may request additional information via email before making a decision:
- Early Submission Deadline: May 12th, 2019 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: June 2nd, 2019 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline (limited to 400 people who register): June 23rd, 2019 at midnight PT (pacific time). Extensions are limited to the first 200 people who register.
- Round 2: Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full 10 page proposal. You will have four weeks to submit.
- Final Round: Top entrepreneurs interview. Winners will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.