Foundation / Corporation
09/15/17 11:59 PM CT
Grants of up to $6,000 to USA and Puerto Rico nonprofit organizations, schools, libraries, and other units of government in eligible communities for mentor-based robotics programs and competitions. Priority is given to teams that demonstrate diversity, such as female-led teams, economically diverse teams, or racially or gender diverse teams.
Teams for the following may apply: FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC), FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC), FIRST LEGO League (FLL) and FIRST LEGO League Junior (FLL Jr.) teams for K to 12th-grade students.
Applications are accepted only from eligible Monsanto U.S. site communities or teams that are located within 30 miles of a listed community. See the application preview in Pre-Application Information for a list of eligible communities.
The Monsanto Fund's mission is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build the skills needed, inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
Reviewers look for the following criteria in applications:
- Clear team goals
- Clear team details
- Clear description of who will be on the team including mentors, with numbers of participants and diversity of participants
- Clear and realistic team goals
- Clear description of how the team’s activities and impact may continue beyond the life of the grant
- Clear description of how the grant will be used, including clear calculations and relevant cost explanations
GrantWatch ID#: 161198
- A FRC Rookie Team can apply for a $6,000 grant
- A FRC Veteran Team can apply for a $5,000 grant
- A FTC Team can apply for a $1,500 grant
- A FLL Team can apply for a $500 grant
- A FLL Junior Team can apply for a $500 grant
This program provides one-year grant commitments only.
Eligible applicants include:
- Districts or Organizations who hold a 501c3 tax exempt status and have been operating as a 501c3 for a minimum of two years
- School Districts or Organizations who are units of government under Section 170c(1), such as public schools, libraries, villages, and municipalities.
- Organizations must be located within 30 miles of one of the eligible site communities. See the online application preview in Pre-Application Information for a list of eligible communities.
Eligible types of teams:
- FRC Rookie Teams (first year FIRST teams)
- FRC Veteran Teams
- FTC Teams
- FIRST LEGO League Teams
- FIRST LEGO League Junior Teams
- Activities that directly support Monsanto Company marketing programs
- Projects in which the Monsanto Company has a financial interest or could derive a financial benefit through cash or rights to intellectual property
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, creed, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or national origin
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation (real or perceived), or any other characteristic protected by applicable United States federal or state law.
The application period begins August 15 and closes September 15, 2017 at 11:59 PM CT. Grant decisions will be communicated by email in November 2017.
If you are an organization looking for support for multiple FIRST teams, please complete one application per team.
All grant funds will be provided directly to FIRST and applied to the appropriate team account. Once payment has been made for any competition fees, teams can request a re-grant from FIRST through their standard process to utilize any remaining funds.
Preview the application and see the list of eligible communities here:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To begin the application, request an online code:
Apply online between August 15 - September 15, 2017:
Questions can be directed to USGrant.Questions@Monsanto.com.
800 N. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63167
Tel (+1) 314-694-1000
USA: Alabama; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Connecticut; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Louisiana; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Nebraska; New Mexico; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Washington; Wisconsin
USA Territories: Puerto Rico (USA)