USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
GrantRegions Object ( [regions] => Array ( ) [is_initialized] => [error_messages] => Array ( ) [qm] => QueryManager Object ( [is_debug] => [conn] => mysqli Object ( [affected_rows] => 0 [client_info] => mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 3591daad22de08524295e1bd073aceeff11e6579 $ [client_version] => 50012 [connect_errno] => 0 [connect_error] => [errno] => 0 [error] => [error_list] => Array ( ) [field_count] => 2 [host_info] => 172.16.38.157 via TCP/IP [info] => [insert_id] => 0 [server_info] => 5.5.5-10.5.18-MariaDB [server_version] => 100518 [stat] => Uptime: 2678718 Threads: 265 Questions: 459266232 Slow queries: 1057 Opens: 101910 Open tables: 274 Queries per second avg: 171.450 [sqlstate] => 00000 [protocol_version] => 10 [thread_id] => 74063055 [warning_count] => 0 ) ) [has_regions] => 1 [state_names] => Array (  => Alabama;  => Alaska;  => Arizona;  => Arkansas;  => California;  => Colorado;  => Connecticut;  => Delaware;  => Florida;  => Georgia;  => Hawaii;  => Idaho;  => Illinois;  => Indiana;  => Iowa;  => Kansas;  => Kentucky;  => Louisiana;  => Maine;  => Maryland;  => Massachusetts;  => Michigan;  => Minnesota;  => Mississippi;  => Missouri;  => Montana;  => Nebraska;  => Nevada;  => New Hampshire;  => New Jersey;  => New Mexico;  => New York;  => North Carolina;  => North Dakota;  => New York City;  => Ohio;  => Oklahoma;  => Oregon;  => Pennsylvania;  => Rhode Island;  => South Carolina;  => South Dakota;  => Tennessee;  => Texas;  => Utah;  => Vermont;  => Virginia;  => Washington;  => Washington, DC;  => West Virginia;  => Wisconsin;  => Wyoming; ) [province_names] => Array ( ) [country_names] => Array ( ) [is_israel] => [territories] => Array ( ) [free_associations] => Array ( ) )
Grants of up to $450 to USA elementary school teachers that serve disadvantaged students for projects that incorporate an arts and inquiry-based approach to learning. Projects should emphasize a holistic methodology that will address all learners through creativity and incorporate the arts as a fundamental tool for learning.
Lily Sarah Grace Grants incorporate the 5 C’s of Inquiry Based Learning as guidelines for supporting projects, teachers and students dedicated to creative, inclusive education. The 5 C’s are:
1) Community - How can I give students ownership of their learning experience? Is their learning experience engaging, while also involving the school community and allowing them to take action and feel safe while taking risks in their learning?
2) Collaboration - Are my students working in flexible groups? How are teachers collaborating? How do students build upon each others’ ideas? Are students critiquing their peers? Does the learning experience extend beyond the classroom? How are they demonstrating teamwork?
3) Creativity - How does your project inspire students to generate new ideas? How does it incorporate various learning styles? How does it integrate art with other curricula as a way of learning and/or expressing?
4) Critical Thinking - Are students making judgments, evaluating, questioning, justifying, synthesizing? Is there a real world application?
5) Communication - What methods are students using to tell others what they know? How are they communicating with others and sharing their learning? Have I provided students opportunities to share their learning through the arts?
Estimated Size of Grant:
First, create a project by clicking the link at the top of the page:
Then, apply for the LSG grant online:
Robert Cambria, Executive Director