Foundation / Corporation
The HealthPath Foundation of Ohio
01/25/19 12:00 Noon EST
Grants of up to $8,000 to Ohio nonprofits, community and school groups, school districts, colleges and universities, and eligible government agencies that are serving the health needs of residents in Northwest and Southeast Ohio. Funding may be used for any organizational expenses. Eligible applicants must provide services within one of the following focus areas: healthy Ohioans, safe elders, and cavity-free kids.
For 2019, eligible counties for this program include Allen, Auglaize, Belmont, Darke, Hancock, Hardin, Harrison, Jefferson, Mercer, Miami, Monroe, Montgomery, Noble, Preble, Putnam, Shelby, Van Wert, Washington.
Community Connections is interested in organizations that foster community-driven, community-led projects and see the people they serve and their community as partners and co-creators, rather than as passive recipients of services. These organizations must also be working in HealthPath’s service area to achieve the following result areas:
- Cavity-Free Kids: Ohio’s children ages 0–12 have healthy mouths
- Healthy Ohioans: Ohioans have access to the resources they need to be healthy, including access to care and healthy food
- Safe Elders: Older adults living in the community are supported and safe from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
GrantWatch ID#: 161849
HealthPath expects to fund up to 20 grants this year.
Applicants may apply for general operating support grants of $8,000 over 2 years ($4,000 per year).
The grant term will run from April 1, 2019, through March 31, 2021.
Organizations serving Northwest and Southeast Ohio are eligible to apply this round; those serving Northeast and Southwest Ohio will be eligible in 2020.
Neighborhood associations, social and civic organizations, youth groups, school groups, 4-H clubs, scout troops, senior centers, faith-based organizations, health and social service care providers, schools or school districts, colleges or universities, and other organizations are eligible to apply.
The Foundation will also consider grant requests from government or quasigovernment agencies that demonstrate a strong relationship with the community.
If the association, club, or group interested is not an eligible organization (see below), or if a collaborative of groups or organizations is applying, they must select a lead organization that will apply for the grant and serve as fiscal agent for the project if a grant is awarded. The lead organization must meet the eligibility criteria and will serve as the applicant for the proposal.
To be eligible for funding, an organization must meet all of the following criteria:
- Directly serve residents living in at least 1 of the 18 counties in Northwest or Southeast Ohio (see map in Additional Geographic Information)
- Work toward achieving at least 1 of the 3 HealthPath result areas (Cavity-Free Kids, Healthy Ohioans, or Safe Elders)
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization; a nonprofit school, school district, college, or university; or a governmental or quasi-governmental organization
Organizations located outside the counties that are eligible this year are welcome to apply as long as they provide direct services to at least 1 of the 18 counties. Proposals from these organizations will be assessed on the organization’s work and community engagement within the 18 counties. Applicants will have to make a strong case for how they serve and are a part of the community in their proposal.
HealthPath is hosting two pre-application webinars for the 2019 round of Community Connections. Attendance is optional, but highly recommended. The Foundations has found that applicants that participate in the pre-application informational sessions are more likely to receive funding because they better understand the program guidelines.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. Pre-Application Session #1
- Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. Pre-Application Session #2
To register: https://form.jotform.com/83395331206959
Both webinars are identical; you need only attend one. The first webinar will be recorded and posted to the web site for people who are not able to attend live.
The deadline for receipt of proposals is no later than 12:00 noon EST on Friday, January 25, 2019. Proposals must be submitted through the online application system.
The panels will meet at the end of February to discuss proposals and provide feedback to HealthPath staff, who will summarize the recommendations to present to the board in March. The HealthPath Board of Trustees will make the final decision on which proposals are funded.
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018: RFP released
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019, at 1:00 p.m.: Pre-Application Session #1
- Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.: Pre-Application Session #2
- Friday, January 25, 2019, at 12:00 noon: Full proposals due
- February 18–27, 2019: Review panels meet to discuss proposals
- March 2019: HealthPath staff will submit recommendations to the board for review and final approval
- March 15, 2019: The Foundation will announce which proposals will be funded
- April 1, 2019: Grant period begins and Year 1 funds disbursed
- September 18, 2019: 2019 Community Connections Luncheon (Organizations receiving grants in 2019 are required
to attend this event.)
- February 2020: Year 1 Check-in Call due (Information will be sent in January 2020)
- March 2020: Year 2 funds disbursed
- Spring 2020: 2020 Community Connections Luncheon (Organizations receiving grants in 2019 are required
to attend this event.)
- April 2021: Final Reports due (Information will be sent in March 2021)
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=B9OfTluxi4l8tKw4fRDcfUTuv4wjLQ-F0
Please contact Grant Administrator, Tara Behanan, at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your username and password.
For questions concerning the Community Connections initiative or proposal, please contact Christine Mulvin, Senior Program Officer, at email@example.com or call 513-768-6117.
The HealthPath Foundation of Ohio
200 West Fourth Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-2775
USA: Ohio: Northwest and Southeast regions: Allen, Auglaize, Belmont, Darke, Hancock, Hardin, Harrison, Jefferson, Mercer, Miami, Monroe, Montgomery, Noble, Preble, Putnam, Shelby, Van Wert, and Washington Counties