Grants of up to $500 to Washington nonprofit organizations, government agencies, schools, hospitals, youth programs, rehabilitation facilities, and retirement centers in eligible regions for community improvement projects. Eligible projects are those that benefit the residents of Pierce County.
Each year the Tacoma Garden Club selects one or more community organizations to receive small grants based on submitted applications.
To stimulate a love of gardening
To protect the quality of the environment
To encourage civic improvement
To support charitable, scientific, and educational activities in each of the above categories
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Eligible Applicants are an organization or entity including those such as nonprofits as defined by the state of Washington, government agencies, private or public schools, hospitals, retirement centers, rehabilitation facilities and youth programs.
A non-profit as defined by the Washington State Department of Revenue:
- It is formed under the Washington nonprofit corporation act,
- It qualifies as a nonprofit for federal tax purposes, or
- It is a church, charity, or benevolent organization
- Grants are not available to individuals, homeowners, homeowner associations or political organizations.
- Greatest consideration is given to those applicants with the ability for large community impact or out-reach.
- July 1: Applications accepted
- September 30: Application deadline (must be received by 5 pm)
- Oct. 8 to Oct. 30: On-site visits to applicants by committee members
- November 1: Committee reviews all applications
- November 24: Notification letters and checks sent to grantees
- May 15: Recipients will send photos of projects to email listed in Contact section
Priority for funding will be given to projects that did not receive a grant during the last two years.
Estimated Size of Grant
Maximum grant amount is $500.
Term of Contract
Monies requested must be used by June 15 following their receipt.
Submit applications via mail:
Tacoma Garden Club
PO Box 64235
University Place WA 98464‐0235