Grants to Massachusetts nonprofit organizations, schools, individuals, and community organizations for inspirational educational programs that address the mental health struggles of teens in eligible regions. Funding is intended for programs that benefit teens and their families as well as school and community service staff. Grant funding is available for school grants, community grants, and professional development grants. Eligible programs benefit residents of Westwood and surrounding communities.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Grant applicant must be a nonprofit organization or affiliated individuals with a mission and vision aligning with The IAM Strong Foundation.
- Grants applications from Westwood and all surrounding communities will be considered.
- Nonprofit organizations and those who are employed by a school or town/community organization are eligible to apply for a grant. Applicants under 21 years of age must have a co-sponsor who is over the age of 21 and is affiliated with a town/community organization or school.
Non‐Discrimination Policy: The IAM Strong Foundation supports equal opportunity for all and will not discriminate, or fund organizations that discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, or any basis prohibited by applicable law. It is not the intent of this policy to deny support for programs that serve specifically defined populations.
Please note the Foundation will not fund the following:
- Routine supplies and operating costs (e.g., textbooks, utilities, building maintenance)
- Reimbursement for projects or events that have been completed
- Regular curriculum development normally funded by the school budget
- Transportation is typically not funded, but is reviewed and considered depending on the degree of necessity to the implementation of the grant.
- Grant application available: February 1, 2022.
- Deadline for submission: May 31, 2022.
- Applicants notified of funding determination: no later than June 15, 2022.
There is no set minimum or maximum amount for funding requests for the Spring deadline; however, if the grant request is for more than $7,500 or requires more than one year to complete, please submit a brief concept paper for review prior to March 1st.
Estimated Size of Grant
Grants are up to $2,000 for Fall grant requests.
There is no set minimum or maximum amount for funding requests for the Spring deadline.
Term of Contract
If a grant request requires more than one year to complete, please submit a brief concept paper for review prior to March 1st.
Spring deadlines: if your grant request is for more than $7,500 or requires more than one year to complete, please submit a brief concept paper for review prior to March 1st to email@example.com.
Please submit your completed grant application including cover page, details section, budget section, and commitment letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IAM Strong Foundation
P.O. Box 2644
Westwood, MA 02090