United States Department of Health and Human Services - Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) - Bureau of Health Workforce (BHW) - Division of Nursing and Public Health
Grants starting at $1,000 to USA and territories IHEs with nursing programs to provide tuition support and financial assistance to nurse anesthetist students. The institution will issue funds to the student to cover the cost of tuition, fees, course texts, and living stipends. Funding must be used for the following activities:
Recipients must use funds for the following activities:
1) Provide traineeship awards to full-time nurse anesthesia students who are enrolled in an accredited graduate-level Nurse Anesthesia Program.
2) Traineeship awards must not exceed $22,000 per trainee per year and are limited to the payment of full or partial tuition and fees, books (required textbooks and e-books), and reasonable living expenses (stipends).
3) Training periods that are less than a year are to be pro-rated for reasonable living expenses (stipends) of the trainee during the period for which the traineeship is provided.
Recipients must complete the following administrative and management activities:
1) Identify full-time registered nursing students enrolled in an accredited graduate-level nurse anesthesia program.
2) Evaluate the program by identifying barriers to success and resolutions to challenges, to include but not limited to: meeting the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia educational programs and the institutional academic standards, retention of students in the program, national certification pass rates, or any other barrier faced within the nurse anesthesia program.
3) Track, collect and report student- and graduate-level data for programmatic reporting requirements.
GrantWatch ID#: 162439
Estimated Number and Type of Award(s): Up to 80
The minimum award amount is $1,000.
Traineeship awards must not exceed $22,000 per trainee per year.
The project period is July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 (1 year).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Karen Delia Breeden, MPA, Public Health Analyst
Division of Nursing and Public Health Phone
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)