Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa (CFNEIA) - Fayette County Community Foundation
11/30/18 11:59 PM
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to Fayette County, Iowa nonprofit organizations and government agencies for a broad range of activities that promote the overall welfare of local communities. Program areas include arts and culture, education, community betterment, health, environment, human services, and historic preservation.
The Fayette County Community Foundation gives priority to projects that:
-Address important needs in the county
-Encourage additional funding through matching gifts from other donors, and in-kind donations
-Provide realistic plans for continuation funds (if applicable) from other sources
-Yield substantial benefits to the county for the resources invested
GrantWatch ID#: 162571
Request Minimum is $1,000 and Maximum is $10,000.
To be eligible for a grant, applicants must be 501(c)(3), tax-exempt non-profit organizations or government entities in good standing with the IRS, and the projects must benefit the residents of Fayette County. Charitable projects conducted by tax-exempt organizations classified as other than 501(c)(3) may also be eligible; please contact the office to discuss your proposal.
- For groups, projects, or initiatives that are not classified by the IRS as 501(c)(3), tax exempt non-profit organizations or government entities, the Foundation will consider your requests if submitted through a fiscal sponsor. Fiscal sponsors must be classified as a 501(c)(3) or a government entity. The Foundation prefers that the fiscal sponsor’s mission closely align with the sponsored project. For example: The Fayette County ISU Extension Office (fiscal sponsor) submits an application on behalf of the Master Gardeners Club (sponsored organization).
- One application per organization per year with the exemption of Government Entities and Fiscal Sponsors; however, fiscal sponsors may only submit one application per sponsored organization. Government entities may submit only one application per department.
- Organizations receiving funding may not apply again in the following year; organizations may continue to apply if no funding was awarded in the previous year. Government Entities/Schools may apply in consecutive years, but not for the same department
A minimum at least 25% in matching funds is required for all projects.
It is suggested that applicants, in particular first-time applicants, contact Program Manager Dotti Thompson to explore eligibility, the appropriateness of requests and for any further guidance.
- Applications must be submitted through the foundation’s online grant management system and must be submitted by 11:59 PM on November 30, 2018.
- Grants from the Fayette County Community Foundation will be approved in March 2019.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of the grant process by mid-March 2019.
- Grant awards will be presented at an awards ceremony in early-mid April 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Terry Gaumer, Affiliate Development Director
Dotti Thompson. Program Manager
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
3117 Greenhill Circle
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
USA: Iowa: Fayette County