Foundation / Corporation
Red Deer and District Community Foundation (RDDCF) - Sylvan Lake Community Endowment Fund
04/15/19 4:30 PM Receipt
Grants to Alberta registered charities, municipalities, and other qualified donees for projects to improve the quality of life for residents of Sylvan Lake and the surrounding areas. Applicants must contact the funding source before applying. Projects should align with the guiding principles of the Foundation.
Guiding Principles of the Sylvan Lake Community Endowment Fund Committee:
- A Community Catalyst: The Foundation works with community and for community by supporting organizations that demonstrate a collaborative approach. The Foundation supports innovative projects that align with the guiding principles.
- Quality of Life: The Foundation is committed to strengthening the quality of life in Red Deer and the surrounding area. The Foundation builds on the strengths of the community and addresses issues that detract from community well being.
- Stewardship: The Foundation is committed to investing wisely, managing efficiently and looking for ways to maximize resources and results through alliances and partnerships.
- Proactive Attitude: Through strong community relationships the Foundation identifies and addresses issues with other community organizations and district municipalities.
- Volunteer Support: Programs that utilize a strong volunteer force, or are dedicated to supporting volunteers, will be a priority for Foundation support.
- Independence for Individuals: Community development means building the capacity of individuals to be independent and self-sustaining. The Foundation will give strong consideration to projects that support this principle.
GrantWatch ID#: 162634
Only qualified donees, as defined by the Canadian Income Tax Act, are eligible for Foundation grants, including, but not limited to, registered charities, registered Canadian amateur athletic associations; certain housing corporations providing low-cost accommodation to the elderly and local municipalities.
The Board will not consider applications for deficit funding of projects.
The grant application submission deadline for Spring 2019 will be Monday, April 15 at 4:30 pm. Please contact the office for future dates. A complete grant package must be delivered (not postmarked) to the Foundation office on or before the submission deadline.
Please contact the Red Deer & District Community Foundation office to discuss your proposal before completing and submitting the application package.
Grant allocations will be announced approximately six weeks after the grant submission deadline.
For more information about the Foundation's grants and the grant process, see https://rddcf.ca/grants/.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Sylvan Lake Community Endowment Fund
Suite 503, 4901 48 th Street,
Red Deer AB T4N 6M4
403 341 6911