Foundation / Corporation
Susan G. Komen Ozark
Grants of up to $10,000 to Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri nonprofits for breast health education projects, travel and conference scholarships. Funding is intended to increase the capacity of effective breast health and breast cancer screening programs.
In addition, Komen Ozark will be funding capacity building and infrastructure development projects to assist with addressing the following priorities:
1) Increasing education and outreach efforts for rural women and the Hispanic/Latina population in the service area.
2) Increasing the awareness of available screening services and knowledge of breast health in Boone, Madison and Newton Counties in Arkansas.
3) Expanding awareness and outreach regarding breast health in Stone and Taney Counties, Missouri.
4) Utilizing partnerships to enhance patient navigation and advocacy.
5) Increasing the application and understanding of topics centered on survivorship.
The following types of grants are available through this program:
Purpose: To explore new approaches to reach target communities and provide opportunities to creatively meet identified educational or outreach needs.
Purpose: To assist grantees and health care professionals to attend, participate in and/or present at meetings, conferences or symposia that would increase the community knowledge of breast cancer. Travel grants must be awarded to an organization, not to an individual.
Purpose: To support other organizations in presenting local scientific or educational conferences, with an emphasis on those that enhance the interaction between the advocate, healthcare and scientific communities. The content must focus on breast cancer or breast cancer must make up a significant part of the conference.
Capacity Building Grants
Purpose: To support the development of well-defined projects or to help build organizational infrastructure by providing funds to refine/improve skills, strategies or organizational systems.
GrantWatch ID#: 162741
Educational/Outreach Grants: Up to $10,000
Travel Grants: Up to $2,500 per person
Conference Grants: Up to $10,000
Capacity Building Grants: Up to $10,000
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered for funding:
- All past and current Komen-funded grants or awards to applicant are up-to-date and in compliance with Komen requirements.
- Applicant has current tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Applicant must be a non-profit organization or a government agency located in or providing services to one or more of the following locations: Benton, Carroll, Crawford, Madison, Sebastian, Washington, Boone and Newton Counties in Arkansas; Stone and Taney Counties in Missouri
- Project must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer, but must not provide services such as screening, diagnostics or treatment. If a project includes other health issues along with breast cancer, such as a breast and cervical cancer project, funding may only be requested for the breast cancer portion.
All small grant applications are due no later than February 15, 2019 and requests for support of travel grants, conferences, or other educational events must be received at least six weeks prior to the event.
The application must be completed and submitted via the Komen Grants e-Management System (GeMS), https://affiliategrants.komen.org. All applications must be submitted before the Application Deadline. For an application instruction manual, please visit the Affiliate’s grants webpage, www.komenozark.org, or contact Vicki Cowling. When initiating an application in GeMS, please make sure it is a Small Grants application, designated “SG”, and not a Community Grants (“CG”) application to apply.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Vicki Cowling, Director of Mission Services
Susan G. Komen for the Cure-Ozark Affiliate
P.O. Box 309
Springdale, AR 72764
Arkansas: Benton, Carroll, Crawford, Madison, Sebastian, Washington, Boone and Newton Counties
Missouri: Stone and Taney Counties
USA: Arkansas; Missouri