Foundation / Corporation
Children's Theatre Foundation of America (CTFA)
Award of $5,000 to a USA high school drama and theater teacher to recognize outstanding dedication to teaching high school students in the theater arts. In addition to the cash award, an additional $1,000 will be awarded to the honoree’s school to enhance the high school theatre or drama program.
A candidate must demonstrate the following characteristics:
1. Dedication to guiding high school students through curricular, co-curricular, and/or extracurricular programming in the theatre arts
2. Exceptional mentoring qualities
3. Strong, ongoing commitment to dismantling institutional and structural racism as demonstrated by a focus on diversity, racial equity and inclusion, and the involvement of those that have been historically disadvantaged and socially and politically excluded based on race
4. Artistic achievement, innovation and artistic excellence
5. Broad influence on school, community, state, region and beyond, as exhibited by the award’s namesake, Reba. R. Robinson
6. Use of the award to gain new experiences and grow as a theatre educator
GrantWatch ID#: 162785
The Reba R. Robertson Award features:
-$5,000 to the honoree to use as he/she chooses for the purpose of expanding professional interests (for example: study with a master mentor, travel, research, develop learning tools)
-$1,000 to the honoree’s school to enhance the high school theater/drama program
-Two distinctive trophies, one for the honoree and one for the honoree’s school
-Transportation expenses up to $400 for the recipient to travel to the CTFA Medallion Awards Event
An individual may nominate an outstanding teacher of public secondary school theatre/drama, in the U.S.A.
A candidate must be a current public high school teacher with 5-8 years of service remaining.
All nominations must be submitted via email and received no later than November 1, 2017.
Once a nomination has been received, the Robertson committee will contact the nominee with information about the required application materials. Full application materials will be due February 15, 2018.
The 2018 Reba R. Robertson Award will be presented late July 2018 at the CTFA Corey Medallion event as part of the annual conference of the American Alliance for Theatre and Education (AATE), in Minneapolis, MN.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming