Foundation / Corporation
Dominion Energy Foundation
Grants of up to $5,000 and grants of up to $25,000 to USA nonprofits in multiple states for projects that promote environmental protection, K-12 environmental education, and improve open spaces.
Eligible projects are those that support at least one of the following priorities:
- Educating K-12 students and the public about environmental stewardship
- Protecting and preserving natural habitats
- Improving open spaces and making nature accessible
Budget items may include but are not limited to: supplies and materials, equipment specifically related to the proposed project, and staff training.
GrantWatch ID#: 162920
The Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation considers grant requests up to $25,000 that focus on specific, short-term projects that promise measurable results to improve the environment, and K-12 requests up to $5,000.
Foundation grant support is available to:
- Not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Organizations within geographic areas (listed below in Geographic Coverage Areas) where Dominion Energy provides electricity or natural gas service, or has significant facilities or business interests
Foundation grant support is NOT available to:
- Religious programs of churches or other sectarian organizations
- Fraternal, political, advocacy or labor organizations
- Projects or organizations that are not located within geographic areas where Dominion Energy provides electricity or natural gas service, or has significant facilities or business interests
- Fund-raising events (dinners, lunches, etc.)
- Golf tournaments or other sporting events
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
Organizations that limit membership and services based on race, religion, color, creed, sex, age or national origin
- Advertising for benefit or courtesy purposes
- Travel-related events, including student trips or tours
- Memorial campaigns
- Dominion Energy does not typically fund university research projects or endow chairs. The primary interest of the Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation is to support programs and specific projects. Consequently, support of capital campaigns is limited and provided on an exceptional basis.
February 26 - Application period closes
April 9 - Notification to all applicants
April 19 - Public announcement
For nonprofits in New York and Pennsylvania, send an email with one paragraph about your organization and localities served.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Connecticut: Bozrah, Colchester, East Lyme, Franklin, Griswold, Groton, Lebanon, Ledyard, Lisbon, Lyme, Montville, New London, North Stonington, Norwich, Old Lyme, Preston, Salem, Somers, Sprague, Stonington and Waterford
Maryland: Calvert, Charles, Frederick, Prince George’s and St. Mary’s
North Carolina: Beaufort, Bertie, Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Edgecombe, Gates, Halifax, Hertford, Hyde, Martin, Nash, Northampton, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Pitt, Tyrell, Warren, Washington, the cities of Roanoke Rapids and Weldon, and the town of Ahoskie
Ohio: Allen, Ashland, Ashtabula, Auglaize, Belmont, Carroll, Columbiana, Coshocton, Cuyahoga, Erie, Fulton, Geauga, Guernsey, Hancock, Hardin, Harrison, Holmes, Jefferson, Knox, Lake, Lorain, Lucas, Mahoning, Medina, Mercer, Monroe, Morgan, Muskingum, Noble, Paulding, Portage, Putnam, Sandusky, Shelby, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, Tuscarawas, Van Wert, Washington, Wayne and Wood
Rhode Island: Providence
South Carolina: All localities are invited to apply
Utah: All counties with the exception of Kane and Wayne
Virginia: All localities are invited to apply
West Virginia: All localities are invited to apply
Wyoming: Carbon, Lincoln, Sublette, Sweetwater and Uinta
Other areas in the Dominion Energy footprint, including New York and Pennsylvania: geographic restrictions apply.
USA: Connecticut; Idaho; Maryland; New York: Geographic restrictions apply; North Carolina; Ohio; Pennsylvania: Geographic restrictions apply; Rhode Island; South Carolina; Utah; Virginia; West Virginia; Wyoming