Foundation / Corporation
Morgan Family Foundation
Grants starting at $10,000 to St. Cloud, Minnesota and Yellow Springs, Ohio nonprofit organizations and government agencies to strengthen local communities. A Letter of Inquiry must be submitted prior to submitting a full proposal.
Funding is intended for:
- Preparing individuals to serve and lead the community
- Building healthy relationships in all kinds of families
- Triggering bold, collaborative community projects
The Morgan Family Foundation invests its grant resources in nonprofit partners that are:
- Broadening horizons and inspiring action through the power of education and experiential learning
- Building stronger, more inclusive communities
- Providing opportunities to those willing to enact positive change in themselves or the world around them
The major components of the annual competitive grants budget include:
- Program, Capital, and Operating Grants: The Foundation welcomes grant requests to support innovative program initiatives, capital requests, or operating needs.
- Large Grants: The Foundation also welcomes grant requests to launch significant community collaborations and serve as challenge grants.
- Major Initiatives: From time to time the Morgan Family Foundation will identify one or two major initiatives that will strengthen communities. Efforts to date have included community visioning and planning for a performing arts center in Yellow Springs, as well as the re-opening of an independent Antioch College.
- Capacity Building: Grant resources are available to invest in efforts to enhance the management and governance performance of charitable organizations.
- Advocacy (new): While the Foundation is prohibited from lobbying, it will consider funding-permissible advocacy activities such as public education campaigns on a given topic, nonpartisan analysis study or research, training for nonprofits on how to engage effectively in advocacy, educating public policy makers on various issues, and nonpartisan election-related activity.
The Foundation is willing to accept requests for any type of grant, such as operating, program or project, start-up, capital/endowment, technical assistance, etc. With a primary interest in strengthening communities, the Foundation recognizes that this can be accomplished via many fields of programmatic interest. The Foundation welcomes collaboration with other grantmakers and favors grantseekers with multiple sources of support.
GrantWatch ID#: 163196
Program, Capital, and Operating Grants: Grant requests in the $10,000-$100,000 range are welcomed to support innovative program initiatives, capital requests, or operating needs.
Large Grants: Grant requests in the $50,000-$200,000 range are also welcomed to launch significant community collaborations and serve as challenge grants. For the remainder of 2019, the Foundation is not likely to fund any new grant requests seeking more than $40,000. Applicants are strongly urged to keep their requests below that amount.
The Foundation awards approximately $2.0 million in grants each year, with the vast majority of that sum distributed through the competitive grant process.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://morganfamilyfdn.egrant.net/login.aspx?PIID=147&OID=110
P.O. Box 561
Yellow Springs, Ohio 45387-0561
506 S. High St., Suite B
Yellow Springs, Ohio 45387
USA: Minnesota: St. Cloud; Ohio: Yellow Springs