Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley
Grants of up to $2,500 to New York PreK-12 teachers at parochial, private, and public schools in Dutchess, Putnam and Ulster Counties to support classroom projects or utilize professional development opportunities. Funding is intended for projects or initiatives that will directly benefit educational achievement and improve classroom learning.
Grants Available to Public, Parochial and Private/Independent Schools:
- General Grants - Teachers may apply for grants that fulfill one or both of these criteria: support for classroom projects and initiatives which will improve learning opportunities for students; and support for the personal and professional enhancement of teachers (not to fulfill Master's program or certification requirements).
- Writing Grant(s) - A grant will be awarded to K-12 teachers for either professional development in the field of teaching writing or for a specific program designed to enhance the writing abilities of students.
- STEM Grant(s) - Grants will be awarded for STEM-related projects, activities, and equipment.
Grants Available to Public Schools Only:
- Marionette/Puppet Grant(s) - A grant will be awarded to a public school teacher for projects which incorporate student and/or teacher-made marionettes and puppets in the curricula. Preference will be given to multi-cultural or multi-disciplinary projects.
- Dutchess County Community Service Grant(s) - Dutchess County United Teachers’ Community Service Grants will be awarded to Dutchess County public school teachers for projects involving their students in community service. These community service awards are made from the Dennis Markle Memorial Community Fund. Examples of the type of projects which would be considered for these grants are: projects involving senior citizens, hospice, daycare, disadvantaged populations, community beautification projects, etc. A total of $3,000 will be awarded in this category.
- Red Hook Teaching Resources Grant - Established by the Red Hook Grange No. 918, this grant program will award one grant of up to $500 to K-12 teachers in the Red Hook Central School District to enhance classroom learning materials.
GrantWatch ID#: 163285
-Maximum Grant Size: $2,500.
-Average Grant Range: $1,000 - $1,500.
-Red Hook Teaching Resources Grant: Up to $500.
PreK-12 classroom teachers in parochial, private/independent, and public schools are eligible to apply.
The Community Foundations has the ability to fund faith-based organizations. Through the competitive grant programs, Community Foundations generally will not fund any programs of a religious nature or programs requiring participation in religious activities or adherence to a particular set of beliefs as a condition for receiving services.
Grant funding is not to be used for field trips or after-school activities.
The deadline for spring applications is March 15, 2018. Awards are announced in May.
Online Application Process: http://communityfoundationshv.org/Receive/Grants/Applications,-Forms-Information
Receive Overview: http://communityfoundationshv.org/Receive/Receive-Overview
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: https://www.grantinterface.com/common/logon.aspx?eqs=fiaADTHDZeZmoAJXtFWSEQ2
Cristin McPeake, Director of Programs
In Dutchess & Putnam Counties:
80 Washington Street, Suite 201
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
In Ulster County:
280 Wall Street
P.O. Box 3046
Kingston, NY 12402
USA: New York: Dutchess, Putnam, and Ulster Counties