Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley (CFHV)
Grants of up to $2,500 to New York teachers in Dutchess, Putnam and Ulster Counties for professional development and classroom initiatives. Funding can be used to support programs involving writing, general learning, STEM, puppetry, community service, and for professional development. Grants awarded will have a direct benefit to classroom learning and support the achievement of educational outcomes.
Grants available to Public, Parochial and Private/Independent Schools:
- General Grants: Teachers may apply for grants that support classroom projects and initiatives which will improve learning opportunities for students and/or support the personal and professional enhancement of teachers (not to fulfill a Masters program or certification requirements).
- Writing Grants: A grant will be awarded to K-12 teachers for either professional development in the field of teaching writing or for a specific program designed to enhance the writing abilities of students.
- Verizon STEM Grants: Grants will be awarded for STEM-related projects, activities, and equipment.
Grants available to Public Schools Only:
- Marionette/Puppet Grant(s): A grant will be awarded to a public school teacher for projects which incorporate student and/or teacher-made marionettes and puppets in the curricula. Preference will be given to multi-cultural or multi-disciplinary projects.
- Dutchess County - Dennis Markle Memorial Community Service Grant(s): Community Service Grants will be awarded to Dutchess County public school teachers for projects involving their students in community service. These community service awards are made from the Dennis Markle Memorial Community Fund which was started by the Dutchess County United Teacher's Council. Examples of the type of projects which would be considered for these grants are: projects involving senior citizens, hospice, day-care, disadvantaged populations, and community beautification projects.
GrantWatch ID#: 163285
Grants made through this program will not exceed $2,500. Average awards range from $1,000-$1,500.
Eligible applicants will be classroom teachers of Pre-K – 12 in Dutchess, Putnam and Ulster Counties (Parochial, Private/Independent, and Public Schools).
Grant funding is not to be used for field trips or after-school activities.
Applications must be submitted by March 15th. Awards are announced in May.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=cfdcny
For questions contact Cristin McPeake, Director of Programs at (845) 452-3077 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact information for Dutchess & Putnam Counties:
80 Washington Street, Suite 201
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Contact information for Ulster County:
280 Wall Street, P.O. Box 3046
Kingston, NY 12402
USA: New York: Dutchess, Putnam, and Ulster Counties