United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
02/12/16 11:59 PM ET
Grants to USA nonprofits and IHEs to determine financing frameworks for supportive housing programs for homeless individuals who have frequent contact with homeless services, the criminal justice system, and health care systems. Applicants will pilot test the chosen program model to determine framework feasibility and effectiveness.
Specifically, the objectives of the PFS Demonstration are to:
(1) Pilot test the PFS model operated by an intermediary to learn whether the financing approach is feasible to fund a PSH delivery initiative.
(2) Create an opportunity for communities to increase the availability of PSH for the target population, ultimately through a high-quality PFS-finance project.
(3) Determine whether PSH provided for the target population will reduce recidivism and chronic homelessness.
(4) Determine if a PFS-finance PSH Intervention can achieve taxpayer savings and/or improve cost-effectiveness by decreasing government spending on corrections systems, homeless services, Medicaid, and crisis services that are significant enough: (a) to justify the use of a PFS framework; and (b) to ultimately cover the cost of scaling to other jurisdictions (in addition to a return to investors if future scaling occurs with PFS financing).
(5) Identify lessons learned and best practices on the feasibility of scaling-up and replicating effective PSH and service delivery interventions in other cities, with and/or without federal funding and technical support.
GrantWatch ID#: 163635
The maximum individual grant amount is $1,300,000.
Applicants may apply for one or more of the following eligible activities up to the maximum individual grant amount of $1,300,000.
The recommended threshold amounts for each eligible activity are:
Phase 1: Feasibility Analysis: Up to $250,000.
Phase 2: Transaction Structuring: Up to $600,000.
Phase 3: PFS Contract Implementation Outcome Evaluation: Up to $250,000.
Success Payments: Any amount up to the $1,300,000 maximum individual award amount.
02/15/2016 - 02/14/2020
The duration of the period of performance will vary depending on the eligible activities for which the grantee is awarded.
Questions regarding the PFS Demonstration NOFA are to be directed to the Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs, HUD Headquarters:
(202) 402-4350 (this is not a toll-free number)
Questions regarding the 2015 NOFA General Section should be directed to the Grants
(202) 708-0667 (this is not a toll-free number)
Persons with hearing or speech impairments may access this number via TTY by calling the Federal Relay Service:
Questions concerning the General Section should be directed to the Office of Strategic Planning and Management, Grants Management and Oversight Division:
202-708-0667 (this is not a toll-free number)
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming