Starkville Visitors and Convention Council (VCC)
08/25/17 5:00 PM
Grants totaling $50,000 to $60,000 to Oktibbeha County, Mississippi nonprofit organizations for programs to increase and develop tourism to improve the local economy. Funding is intended for community development programs to benefit local residents of the City of Starkville and Oktibbeha County.
There are three categories of the Grant Program:
1) Sponsored Programs
All organizations, events, or programs applying for the first time; having received funding for one or two consecutive years; having received funding for non-consecutive years; or that have been denied for the Sustaining Grant or Dues categories should apply in the Sponsored Programs category.
2) Sustaining Grants
Events or programs are eligible for the Sustaining Grant category if they have received three consecutive years of funding from the Starkville VCC. If approved for the Sustaining Grant category, organizations, events, or programs will receive a commitment of dedicated funding for a three year period.
Dues collecting organizations are eligible for the Dues category if they have received three consecutive years of funding from the Starkville VCC. If approved for the Dues category, organizations, events, or programs will receive a commitment of dedicated funding for a three year period.
Eligible & Applicable Costs:
- Advertising through paid media (including newspapers, magazines, radio, television, and billboards). A media schedule is required.
- Printed materials (including brochures, inserts, and direct mail pieces) for distribution outside of Oktibbeha County. A distribution list is required.
- Production of an event designed to attract tourists.
- Agency fees (including research, copy development, design, and layout) not to exceed 25% of project funds requested.
- Development of a permanent tourist attraction.
GrantWatch ID#: 163802
Successful projects may receive up to three years of support. After the third year, an organization may be eligible for sustaining grant funds if the project is deemed to have a significant impact in the City of Starkville and Oktibbeha County.
All projects and events awarded grant funding must be completed within the upcoming fiscal year (October 1 – September 30).
Eligible applicants for funding consideration are local nonprofit entities submitting applications for projects that have the primary objective of supporting tourism in Oktibbeha County.
- Administrative expenses (including travel, meals, lodging, and salaries).
- Operating expenses (including maintenance, repair, rent, electricity, and telephone charges)
- Office supplies
- Sales tax
The VCC will administer the selection process. The VCC Board is a nine-member committee formed by Mississippi Legislation, charged with the administrative responsibilities of community development, tourism, and convention enhancement projects for the Starkville and Oktibbeha County area.
All projects for consideration must be submitted electronically by August 25, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. All submissions will be electronically time stamped.
Each applicant will be judged based on the merits of the project as it relates to Starkville and Oktibbeha County tourism and community development. The decisions rendered by the VCC are final.
The VCC will use the following criteria when reviewing projects for funding consideration:
(1) The total effort is well researched and reasonable.
(2) Demonstrates substantial potential for economic return.
(3) Demonstrates creativity, uniqueness, and good design.
(4) Offers overall benefit to the tourism and community development industry of Starkville and Oktibbeha County.
(5) Demonstrates a plan of sustainability if intended to be a multi-year effort.
Applicants will be notified in writing of their status regarding funding within 30 days of submission.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Greater Starkville Development Partnership
200 East Main Street
Starkville, MS 39759
USA: Mississippi: City of Starkville and Oktibbeha County