Foundation / Corporation
Grants to Manitoba charitable organizations to enhance the quality of life for residents of Pinawa and the LGD. Funding is intended to support projects in the fields of education, social services, health, the arts, and the environment.
Applications will be considered for capital projects, project start-ups, new organization start-ups and human resource development.
The Foundation funds projects that:
- Address opportunities
- Lead to self-sufficiency
- Promote cooperation and collaboration with other organizations
- Are efficient in the use of funding
- Are innovative
Preference is given to projects which:
- Benefit the whole community
- Encourage more efficient use of community resources
- Demonstrate new approaches and techniques in the solution of community problems
- Address the underlying causes of problems in our society
- Promote volunteer participation
GrantWatch ID#: 164655
Grants are made for one year only. Requests for multiple year funding, up to three years, will be considered.
The applicant must carry out its activities in Pinawa.
- Grants are made to organizations recognized as registered charities by the Charities Division of the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Groups without charitable status may seek the sponsorship of a bona fide charity, or may qualify to be included in a charitable program of the Foundation.
- A group applying for a grant will be expected to demonstrate fiscal responsibility and to have a committed volunteer executive committee
Grants are not made to or for:
- Annual fund drives or general fundraising
- Pay down mortgages or reduce deficits
- Support of operating expenses
- Projects already completed
- Political activities
- Sports sponsorships (specifically excluded by CRA)
- Direct religious activities of religious groups or organization, except when community access is available and the community-at-large will benefit significantly
Applications are accepted at any time, but the deadline for the grant review committee is October 1st each calendar year. The grant committee advises the Foundation’s Board of Directors who will notify its decision to applicants within three months of the deadline date.
Grant requests are accepted throughout the year and will be considered as funds become available. Urgent applications will be considered by the board for immediate action. Deserving causes, not covered by approved charity status, can always be considered by the board. In these cases the Board may be able to find a related charity or group through which the grant can be directed.
The availability of other sources of funding/granting/fundraising must be in place; the Pinawa Foundation will not fund 100% of any particular project.
Applications for continuing projects must show how provision has been made for future funding.
Successful applicants are expected to provide a representative to attend the grants award ceremony in person.
Grant Information: http://pinawafoundation.org/grant-information/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please submit all forms to the Pinawa Foundation by regular mail.
For further inquiries and information, please contact the Foundation by telephone or email.
P.O. Box 100, Pinawa MB R0E 1L0
Primarily Pinawa and the LGD