Foundation / Corporation
Hansen Family Foundation (HFF)
Grants to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that focus on humanitarian support, the environment, disadvantaged children, arts and culture, education, and animal welfare. Preference will be given to those organizations, individuals, and/or initiatives that will stand the test of time, will inspire others to get involved, and will be a manifestation of the Foundation's mission.
- Children: The Hansen Family Foundation supports causes dedicated to helping children both home as well as abroad; giving children the world over a chance they may otherwise not of had.
- Education: The Hansen Family Foundation believes that a decent education should be made available to everyone, young or old, the world over. Education is an essential key to life that opens doors that may have otherwise been unreachable to those without it.
- Animals: The Foundation supports groups that strive to break the cycle of cruelty, neglect, abuse, and poaching of animals from all walks of life.
- Environmental: The Foundation supports groups that crusade for the environment by, seeking alternative sources of energy, preventing and protecting against pollution, and finding sustainable means of using and maintaining what little precious resources are left.
- Humanitarian Aid: The Foundation supports those who help others during times of hardship and despair, so that they might one day have the chance to do the same. The Foundation is now able to cater for charity events. If your charity is interested in catering services, please contact the Foundation for more information.
- Arts: The Hansen Family Foundation supports artists of all forms in all of their artistic endeavors.
GrantWatch ID#: 164766
In keeping with the Foundation’s commitment to organizations it supports, gifts will normally be multi-year. One time grants will not be excluded, but these types of grants would not generally demonstrate the level of commitment and partnership that the Foundation seeks to provide to its grantees.
All grant recipients must be a charitable organization that is recognized by the USA Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)3 nonprofit entity.
There is no geographic limitation of the recipient organization or individual (either where it is located or where the Foundation’s involvement may occur). As a practical matter, however, the Foundation may be better able to include gifts of its time and talents where the charitable recipient is located where Board members live or work.
It is the Foundation’s belief that its philanthropic assets will have the greatest impact on smaller and non-political charitable organizations, so it is likely that most grants will be made to these types of organizations. However, this focus is not exclusive and the Foundation will consider organizations of any size that otherwise meet its mission, guiding principles, and grant-making guidelines.
It is intended that end-users get 100% of the charitable contribution with no pass-through of any funds to another organization or person not directly responsible for the use of the money as understood by the Hansen Family Foundation. Additionally, recipient organizations must have at least a 75% giving vs. operating cost ratio to be considered. An organization with a lower ratio requires a 100% BOD-affirming vote to be considered.
Fall 2019 Application Deadline: April 1
The Foundation will select its charitable recipients with great care and will exercise patience to find the right organizations, individuals, and initiatives that meet the selection criteria of the board. This care will be evidenced by the personal involvement of the board in the nomination, due-diligence, and on-site review process when selecting the recipients.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.hansenfamilyfoundation.org/grant-application/
Hansen Family Foundation
3419 Virginia Beach Blvd., Suite 213
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Online Contact Form: http://hansenfamilyfoundation.org/contactUs.htm
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.