Foundation / Corporation
Honda Manufacturing of Indiana
Grants to Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky nonprofit organizations in eligible areas for programs in the areas of education, environment, diversity, and health and safety. Priority will be given to organizations located in and serving the counties in which the Funding Source's employees live and work, including:
- The Indiana counties of Bartholomew, Johnson, Brown, Madison, Dearborn, Marion, Decatur, Monroe, Delaware, Morgan, Fayette, Franklin, Ripley, Hamilton, Rush, Hancock, Scott, Henry, Shelby, Jackson, Switzerland, Jefferson, Union, Jennings, and Wayne.
- Ohio Counties of Butler, Hamilton, and Preble
- Boone County, Kentucky
Preference will be given to programs that:
-Focus on creativity and associate involvement, not solely on money.
-Challenge individuals to explore their potential for achievement.
-Provide innovative approaches to community problems.
-Reflect Honda's spirit of seeking the toughest challenges and approaching them with youthfulness and creativity.
-Operate in a manner that is supportive of equal opportunity objectives.
To evaluate a proposal, the following questions are considered:
- Is your organization uniquely suited to meet the challenge of the proposal?
- How do the activities of the organization benefit the community?
- Will the program be carried out in an efficient and effective manner?
- Is the budget complete and realistic?
- Are the objectives measureable?
GrantWatch ID#: 165186
HMIN does not have predetermined funding levels. Applicants should request the amount that meets the needs of the program and at a level that is consistent with the organization’s capacity and other anticipated or received support.
- For the December 15, 2017 deadline, the grant term is April 1, 2018 – April 1, 2019.
- For the March 15, 2018 deadline, the grant term is July 1, 2018 – July 1, 2019.
- For the June 15, 2018 deadline, the grant term is October 1, 2018 – October 1, 2019.
- For the September 15, 2018 deadline, the grant term is January 1, 2019 – January 1, 2020.
Applying organizations must be tax‐exempt under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code paragraph 501(c)(3).
HMIN does not contribute to:
-Religious or political groups
-Organizations which are not tax‐exempt under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code paragraph 501(c)(3)
-Programs outside of Honda Manufacturing of Indiana hiring area (including select Counties in Ohio and Kentucky - see Description above and Geographic Focus below).
Proposals are considered four times a year by the Honda Manufacturing of Indiana (HMIN) Community Engagement Committee (CEC). Proposals are due the next business day if a deadline falls on a weekend.
2018 Winter Meeting
Proposal Deadline: December 15, 2017
CEC Meeting: February 19, 2018
Grant Term: April 1 – April 1
2018 Spring Meeting
Proposal Deadline: March 15, 2018
CEC Meeting: May 14, 2018
Grant Term: July 1 – July 1
2018 Summer Meeting
Proposal Deadline: June 15, 2018
CEC Meeting: August 13, 2018
Grant Term: October 1 – October 1
2018 Fall Meeting
Proposal Deadline: September 15, 2018
CEC Meeting: November 12, 2018
Grant Term: January 1 – January 1
In future years, deadlines will remain the same although dates of the CEC meetings will vary. Applicants will be notified in writing concerning a decision within one month after the meeting unless otherwise informed.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Honda Manufacturing of Indiana
2755 North Michigan Avenue
Greensburg, IN 47240-9341
USA: Indiana: Counties of Bartholomew, Johnson, Brown, Madison, Dearborn, Marion, Decatur, Monroe, Delaware, Morgan, Fayette, Franklin, Ripley, Hamilton, Rush, Hancock, Scott, Henry, Shelby, Jackson, Switzerland, Jefferson, Union, Jennings, and Wayne; Kentucky: Boone County; Ohio: Counties of Butler, Hamilton, and Preble