Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation for Kingston and Area (CFKA) - Stark Family Fund
03/15/19 4:30 PM Receipt
Grants to Prince Edward County, Ontario registered charities and municipalities for projects in arts and culture, animal welfare, education, community development, and health and social services. The Foundation gives preference to new initiatives.
Successful projects will be characterized by many of the following traits:
- They build on existing community strengths and assets;
- They respond to clearly identified local needs and provide demonstrable enrichment to the community;
- They use resources efficiently and effectively;
- They involve meaningful partnerships;
- They strive for a significant and/or lasting impact;
- They benefit a wide audience;
- They show innovation, creativity, proactive thinking, and a degree of risk.
Preference is given to new initiatives but a promising program may receive more than one grant in its early years provided there is evidence that the program is developing successfully. An established program may receive a grant when it faces a new opportunity or an unexpected problem.
GrantWatch ID#: 165464
The amount of funding the Foundation has available each round fluctuates based on a three-year average of market returns. There is no set minimum or maximum that you may apply for. Historically, the Foundation has given grants as small as $500 and in a few cases, some over $25,000. Please ask for an amount that is appropriate for your project.
An applicant organization must be a charity registered with Canada Revenue Agency, a municipality, or be formally partnered with an organization that is either a charity registered with Canada Revenue Agency or a municipality.
The applicant organization must have one or more of the following: a local Board of Directors, a local, well-defined accountable committee, a local office with strong community involvement.
Grants for the following will not be considered:
- To cover deficits or retire debts;
- To provide endowment funds;
- To support the operating expenses of established organizations or programs (including predictable replacement of office equipment);
- For sectarian, religious, or political purposes;
- To respond to annual fund drives for sustaining support.
Grants will not normally be given:
- To contribute to major renovation or capital construction costs;
- To individuals (with the exception of scholarships or other extraordinary cases where supported by an intermediary organization that is a charity registered with Canada Revenue Agency);
- To provide money for fundraising activities;
- To cover wages of full-time staff.
More information about grant eligibility can be found at: https://www.cfka.org/apply-for-a-grant/
- Starting in 2018, the deadline will be March 15th at 4:30 pm.
- You will be notified at the end of April or early May if your proposal has been successful.
- You will receive your check at the grant celebration which will take place in early June.
If possible, submit well in advance of the deadline. If you do so, the Grants Coordinator may have time to review your submission and flag if anything is missing so you have time to get your completed application package to the Foundation before the deadline. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Please note that the Grants Coordinator is usually in the office on Tuesday - Friday.
The Foundation strongly encourages applicants to seek additional funding from other sources for their projects.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Community Foundation for Kingston & Area
275 Ontario Street
Kingston, ON K7K 2X5
For further assistance, please contact Penny Scott, Grants Coordinator of the Community Foundation at 613.546.9696 or email email@example.com.
Prince Edward County