Foundation / Corporation
Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)
12/05/17 5:00 PM EST
Fellowships to USA IHE faculty from the mathematics, engineering, or science departments for summer programs that offer hands-on experience in military aviation research. Applications are especially encouraged from the faculty of minority colleges and universities. Summer programs will be from 8 to 12 weeks long.
The objectives of the U.S. Air Force Research Lab Summer Faculty Fellowship Program are as follows:
1. To stimulate professional relationships among U.S. Air Force Research Lab Summer Faculty Fellowship Program participants and the scientists and engineers at Air Force research facilities
2. To enhance the research interests and capabilities of faculty (both new and experienced researchers) in the U.S. academic community
3. To elevate the awareness in the U.S. academic community of Air Force research needs and foster continued research at U.S. Air Force Research Lab Summer Faculty Fellowship Program fellows' institutions
4. To provide the U.S. Air Force Research Lab Summer Faculty Fellowship Program participant opportunities to perform high-quality and meaningful research at Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Directorates, Air Force Test Center, the United States Air Force Academy, or the Air Force Institute of Technology
5. To provide nationally accredited mentoring of academic researchers at technical directorates of the AFRL, Air Force Test Center, the United States Air Force Academy, and the Air Force Institute of Technology.
U.S. Air Force Research Lab Summer Faculty Fellowship Program faculty participants have the opportunity to bring a graduate student with them. Graduate student applications must be completed and submitted to the faculty advisor to be uploaded as a part of their application proposal.
GrantWatch ID#: 165512
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming