Foundation / Corporation
Quesnel Community Foundation
02/16/18 5:00 PM
Grants to British Columbia nonprofit organizations for a broad range of community projects that benefit the North Cariboo Region. A project proposal must be submitted by January 12, 2018. Eligible projects may be from one or more of the following areas:
- Social Services
Preference will be given to new initiatives that:
- Have broad public appeal;
- Are widely accessible to the community;
- Promote and enhance self-sufficiency within the community;
- Emphasize and utilize the skills and resources that exist in the community;
- Strengthen the social and cultural structure of the community;
- Demonstrate partnership and collaboration;
- Will realize a significant result with the funding;
- Have a definite purpose and a clear timeline;
- Respond creatively and effectively to local problems and challenges;
- Build on the community’s social capital and civic vitality, and
- Agree to a commitment for project evaluation and assessment.
GrantWatch ID#: 165738
Projects must be completed by October 31 of the calendar year.
Community organizations that are registered charities or qualified donees under the Income Tax Act are eligible to apply for grants from the Foundation.
Please note: Non-profit society registration in British Columbia does not, in itself, qualify an organization as a registered charity.
To apply for registered charitable status, contact the Charities Directorate of the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-267-2384 or visit their website, www.cra-arc.gc.ca/charities.
Applications from an organization that does not yet have charitable status may be considered if the applicant organization partners with a registered charity that will receive the funds for the proposed project. The relationship must be a formal arrangement set out in writing between the Boards of Directors of the registered charity and the applicant organization.
Organizations must demonstrate effective management and fiscal responsibility.
Grants are not made to individuals or businesses.
Projects will not be considered eligible if:
- Funds requested are an organization's usual operational or core expenses;
- Funds are for any expenses which predate the award;
- Funds are used to cover deficits, retire debts or mortgage payments;
- Funds are to provide for or establish endowments;
- Funds are used for sectarian, religious or political purposes;
- Funds are used for travel costs;
- Funds are used for team or club sponsorships;
- Funds are part of an annual fund drive for sustaining support;
- The organization shows a dependency on future funding;
- The project duplicates services provided by other organizations;
- Organizations are totally government funded or directed, or
- Without good reason, the project cannot be completed by the end of the calendar year.
There is a four-stage process for the submission of grant applications.
STAGE ONE: Project Proposal (Letter of Intent)
Complete and submit the Project Proposal (Letter of Intent) form that is available on the website. If you are not able to access the form, please contact the Foundation for assistance. All Project Proposals must use the format provided – additional documentation is not necessary and will not be considered.
STAGE TWO: Grant Application
If your Project Proposal meets the Foundation’s eligibility guidelines and has a reasonable chance of success, your organization will be invited to submit a full Application. All Applications must be in the format provided – the Application form will be emailed to you.
STAGE THREE involves the funding of your project in conjunction with the execution of a Grant Contract. STAGE FOUR (final stage) is the completion of your project and the submission of your Final Report.
Allow three months: Applicants should allow for six to twelve weeks from submission of a Project Proposal to confirmation of grant approval in mid-March.
- Deadline for Project Proposals: 5:00 pm, Friday, January 12, 2018
- Deadline for completed Applications: 5:00 pm, Friday, February 16, 2018
- Board Approval: March 2018 – date to be determined
- Confirmation of Applications: March 2018, following Board Approval
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The North Cariboo region
Canada: British Columbia