Foundation / Corporation
Oregon Community Foundation (OCF)
09/01/17 11:59 PM
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 to Oregon nonprofit organizations for community arts and culture projects and programs. Proposals will be judged based on impact, feasibility, and community support. Funding will be provided for general operating support requests of small nonprofit arts organizations (i.e., those with operating budgets under $100,000).
Operating support grants are intended to support the core, ongoing operations and programs of an organization. This includes, but is not limited to, staffing, administration, outreach, marketing, and/or programming expenses.
For the purpose of this project, eligible organizations are being defined as follows:
1) Arts and Culture Organization: an organization with a mission that states that it is organized primarily for the purpose of producing, promoting or presenting the arts, heritage, and humanities to the public or organized primarily for identifying, documenting, interpreting and preserving cultural resources.
2) Cultural Coalitions: organizations formally recognized by the Oregon Cultural Trust. One official cultural coalition serves each county in Oregon.
GrantWatch ID#: 166005
$1,000 - $5,000
Organizations must be prepared to utilize the funds within one year of receipt.
Eligible Organizations must:
- Be incorporated with a mission identifying arts and/or culture as a priority reason for the organization’s existence
- Be a certified 501(c)3 tax exempt organization in good standing with the IRS. Fiscal sponsorships are allowed.
- Be headquartered in Oregon
- Document that the cash expenses of the organization during the most recently completed fiscal year were less than $100,000
Regional Distribution of Grants:
OCF has eight regions in Oregon, each advised by a volunteer Leadership Council. Members of Leadership Councils will review and make recommendations for Small Arts and Culture Grants. Organizations must apply via the regional application for the region in which they primarily operate.
- Central: Wasco, Sherman, Jefferson, Wheeler, Deschutes, Crook
- Eastern: Gilliam, Morrow, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, Grant, Baker, Harney, Malheur
- Metro: Washington, Multnomah, Hood River, Clackamas
- North Coast: Columbia, Clatsop, Tillamook, Lincoln
- Northern Willamette Valley: Yamhill, Polk, Marion
- South Coast: Coos, Curry
- Southern: Josephine, Jackson, Klamath, Lake
- Southern Willamette Valley: Benton, Linn, Lane, Douglas
- Lobbying to influence legislation
- Religious activities
- Academic scholarships
- Purchases or activities that occur prior to grant decisions
- Debt reduction
- Endowment funding
- Exclusionary practices or messages
Please review the 2017 Request for Proposals for guidance (attached in the Supporting Documents section below).
Applications must be completed through OCF's online grants portal, MyOCF (link below).
Applications are due by 11:59 pm, September 1, 2017
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://ocf.iphiview.com/ocf/LogIn/tabid/444/Default.aspx
Questions may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Oregon: Central, Eastern, Metro, North Coast, Northern Willamette Valley, South Coast, Southern, and Southern Willamette Valley Regions