Foundation / Corporation
Sustainable Jersey and PSEG Foundation
02/15/19 11:59 PM
Grants to New Jersey local government agencies for projects that promote long-term sustainability. Funding is intended to support the earning of the applicant municipality's sustainability certification by the State, as well as to assist with organizational capacity building and green team expenses.
The PSEG Foundation is awarding grants to support the Sustainable Jersey Grants Program for municipalities. The Sustainable Jersey Grants program is an important program benefit for New Jersey municipalities participating in the Sustainable Jersey Certification Program. Funding supports efforts to implement projects that help municipalities gain points needed for Sustainable Jersey certification and make progress toward a sustainable future in general. The funded projects serve as practical and innovative models for the rest of the State and make measurable contributions toward the long-term goal of a sustainable New Jersey.
There are two streams of grants:
1. Funds for the $10,000 and $20,000 grants must be used to fund all or part of a project related to an action in the Sustainable Jersey program. The Innovative Community Project action is acceptable; in this instance, projects that could lead to new Sustainable Jersey actions will be favored. (For information about the Innovative Community Projects, see http://www.sustainablejersey.com/actions-certification/actions/#open/action/113.)
2. $2,000 Capacity Building Grant funds can be used for green team expenses. Funding does not have to be for project specific activities. Grant funding may be used for a project related to an action in the Sustainable Jersey Certification Program.
Eligible expenses include salary, supplies, materials, consultants, contractor fees, equipment, program/educational materials and promotional items. Promotional items include "give-aways" (i.e. T-shirts, water bottles), incentives, and awards. Grant funds to be spent on promotional items should be limited to $1,000 or less for large grant awards and $500 or less for $2,000 awards.
For detailed Evaluation Criteria for $10,000 and $20,000 grant proposals, see Section L of the application Information pdf listed in Supporting Documents below.
$2,000 grant proposals will be screened using the following criteria:
- The clarity of the project description
- Strength of the action plan that will guide the green team’s activities
- Budget includes only eligible and reasonable expenses
- The demonstrated commitment of the green team and municipality to move forward with
For additional Selection Criteria, see Selection Criteria listed in Pre-Application Information below.
GrantWatch ID#: 166071
This grant cycle of the 2019 Municipal Grants Program will award:
- Four (4) $20,000 awards
- Eight (8) $10,000 awards
- Twenty (20) $2,000 capacity building awards to support local green teams
The $20,000 and $10,000 grants have an 18-month performance period. The $2,000 grants have a 12-month performance period. Specific dates are as follows:
- $20,000 or $10,000 grants must be fully expended, projects completed, and final reports
submitted by October 31, 2020.
- All funds from $2,000 grants must be fully expended, projects completed and final reports submitted by April 30, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
- For the $20,000 and $10,000 grant application: https://app.wizehive.com/apps/sjpseg2019
- For the $2,000 grant application: https://app.wizehive.com/apps/sjpseg2k2019
(Note: Applications for the $2,000 grants are currently closed.)
For questions, contact:
Kaitlyn Vollmer, Grants Program Coordinator
USA: New Jersey