Foundation / Corporation
Awards of $20,000 to USA, Canada, and International individuals that are managing a chronic disease with the help of medical devices and technology, to recognize their contributions to community service and volunteerism. The grant award will go to the nonprofit organization of the recipient's choice.
GrantWatch ID#: 166559
At least 10
$20,000 will go to a charity of the recipient's choice. They also join together in Hawaii to meet Earl Bakken, participate in community service projects, and learn how to inspire others to “live on, give on.”
1. Individuals who, with the help of medical technology, are giving their time and talent to improve the quality of life for others.
2. Applicants must be 14 years or older.
3. Individuals must be managing one of the following chronic diseases: heart diseases; diabetes; spinal disorders; chronic pain; neurological, gastroenterological or urological disorders; cancer; stroke; and obesity.
4. Applicants must benefit from a medical technology that was approved, cleared or registered in accordance with the applicant’s country’s laws and regulations in managing or treating at least one of the following disease states and was used on the applicant in accordance with the approved or cleared indications for use for the medical technology: Heart disease (including heart attack, cardiac arrest, coronary artery disease), stroke, diabetes, neurological, digestive/urological or spinal disorders, obesity, chronic pain, cancer.
5. Medical technology includes medical device therapies and surgical procedures. All applicants with eligible medical technology are welcome to apply, regardless of device manufacturer.
6. Applicants must be actively involved with a non-profit organization for 6 months or more.
All applicants with eligible medical technology are welcome to apply, regardless of the manufacturer.
Award criteria: http://bakkeninvitation.medtronic.com/bakken-invitation-medtronic-criteria/index.htm?_ga=2.247963975.1760953287.1495977824-464585227.1495977824#criteria
To apply for the award, you must first become a member of the community. Set up a profile and describe your charitable activities: http://liveongiveon.medtronic.com/ShareStory
Applications close on July 31, 2017.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Nominate a candidate: http://bakkeninvitation.medtronic.com/nominate/index.htm?_ga=2.100578204.361805044.1495982338-464585227.1495977824
Apply online: http://liveongiveon.medtronic.com/ApplicationLogin
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.