Foundation / Corporation
United Way of Williamson County (UWWC)
03/28/18 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $40,000 to Williamson County, Texas nonprofits for programs in the areas of education, health, financial stability, and basic needs. LOIs are due by January 25, 2018. First-time applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the January 8 or 10 information meeting.
-Increase percentage of children who enter school (kindergarten) ready to learn.
-Increase the percentage of young people graduating from high school on time.
Income / Financial Stability
￼-Increase income, assets and job training for improved employability.
-Increase access to prevention programs
-Increase access to quality primary care (prenatal through adult)
￼-Address nutrition, utilities and housing needs across the county.
GrantWatch ID#: 166764
$10,000 - $40,000
Grant contracts for funding will begin July 1, 2018 and end June 30, 2019.
Projects and programs funded for this grant period are not guaranteed continued funding in future years.
The organization must be incorporated nonprofit organization under the laws of the state of Texas and has tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code. The organization must provide services in Williamson County and its services must be culturally sensitive and barrier-free.
The organization must have a Board of Directors that is an active, representative voluntary governing body, with regular meetings and is responsible for developing its mission, determining its strategic direction and providing oversight.
The organization should demonstrate reasonable efficiency in program management and adequacy of resources, both in materials and in personnel (voluntary and paid) to sustain a quality level of service.
The funding request to UWWC does not extend to individuals, civic, religious or political institutions, school fundraisers, capital campaigns or endowments, sponsorships or event fundraisers or sports events.
Information meetings regarding the process are held each year to walk interested organizations through the application process. Attendance is optional and not required. First-time applicants, as well as previous grant recipients, are strongly encouraged to attend.
Sessions will be held at United Way of Williamson County conference room on the following dates:
- January 8, 2018, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- January 10, 2018, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Registration is required. Please email the contact to RSVP.
The UWWC Letter of Intent (LOI) is the initial phase in the process which allows applicants to demonstrate how their project or program will offer the most promise towards achieving the UWWC Impact Goals and Outcomes. Following review of the LOIs, selected organizations will be invited to submit a full Community Investment Grant Application for the final round of evaluations. Final approval of the Community Investment Grants will be made by the UWWC Board of Directors at their May 2018 Board meeting.
- December 5, 2017 LOI issued
- January 8, 2018 LOI Training Session
- January 10, 2018 LOI Training Session
- January 25, 2018 Completed LOI Application Packet is due before 5:00 PM
- February 1-26, 2018 UWWC Community Impact Council (CIC) volunteers to review LOIs
- February 28, 2018 Agencies notified – denial and advancing emails
- February 28, 2018 Grant Application available to advancing agencies
- March 1-21, 2018 UWWC staff available to assist agencies with completion of Grant. Application by appointment only.
- March 28, 2018 Completed Grant Application due before 5:00 PM
- April 1-9, 2018 CPA review of Applicants’ financial documents
- April 1-21, 2018 Community Investment Grant Review Panel reviews all Grant Applications
- April 21 and 23, 2018 Community Investment Grant Review Panel meets to hear agency presentations, discuss, rate and rank Grant Applications
- May 14, 2018 CIC volunteers meet to make final decisions and prepare recommendations to UWWC Board of Directors
- May 16, 2018 UWWC Board of Directors vote on final approval of CIC recommendations
- May 18, 2018 Agencies notified
- July 1, 2018 New fiscal year funding/contract begins
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email LOIs to LeAnn Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSVP for an informational session via email at email@example.com.
For additional information and questions regarding the grant application process, please contact LeAnn Powers at (512) 255-6799.
United Way of Williamson County (UWWC)
1111 N. IH-35, Suite 220
Round Rock, TX 78664
USA: Texas: Williamson County