Grants to Connecticut government agencies and nonprofit organizations in eligible locations for activities that address the physical and mental health needs of local residents. Applicants must complete the required registration prior to applying. Funding is intended for health-related projects and programs that benefit residents of Naugatuck.
The Funding Source supports the following efforts:
Initiatives that improve population health, ensure access to quality care and empower individuals to actively participate in managing their health.
Efforts to expand and connect community resources to work toward a common vision of health that addresses the unique needs of the Connecticut Community Foundation’s 21-town region. Promote collaboration from multiple sectors to improve conditions and outcomes related to the health and well-being of the region.
Support for community awareness and increased dissemination of evidence-based prevention and chronic disease management programs (may include diabetes, obesity, tobacco use, asthma, and falls).
Identification of barriers to implementing effective prevention models and development of strategies to address these barriers.
In order to apply for funding, an organization must:
- Be a not-for-profit organization recognized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or a municipal entity seeking a grant for public purposes. Organizations may also have a nonprofit fiscal sponsor if they do not have their own nonprofit status.
- Have a board, representative of the community, of which a majority is neither employees nor relatives of employees.
- Possess a Nonprofit Registration to Solicit Funds (or exemption, if appropriate) from the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection. This registration must be renewed annually.
Ineligible for funding:
- Requests for political or religious purposes
- Requests for capital expenditures on buildings not owned by a nonprofit
Application due date: February 22, 2024
If you have not yet already registered a GOapply account, you must do so now to apply for grant funding. Registration requires approval and may take up to two business days. Please register with ample time to prepare and submit your application.
Applications are reviewed by staff, committees, and the board of trustees in a process that takes about ten weeks from the deadline date.