Grants to British Columbia nonprofit organizations and nonprofit societies to benefit residents in eligible communities. Funding is available for programs in the areas of culture, recreation, environment, and social services. Programs, services, and special events must benefit residents and businesses within the Village of Cumberland.
Applications will be accepted for funding for community projects or services that further the Village’s strategic priorities and objectives, including:
Healthy and accessible community
Diverse recreation, arts, and culture opportunities
Childcare space creation
Climate change mitigation and adaptation
Protection and enhancement of the natural environment
Applications will be accepted for:
A one-time special project or service,
Seed operating funding to assist with initial operations and establishing revenue sources for a new project or service, and
A one-time special event or seed funding for a new special event provided that it is a community event held primarily for Cumberland residents.
The applicant must:
- Be a not-for-profit society or not-for-profit organization
- Provide services to Cumberland residents or provide other direct benefit to the Cumberland community.
- Demonstrate financial need
- Show how the service or project furthers the priorities and strategic objectives of the Village of Cumberland.
- For seed operating funding, provide information on future revenue generation for ongoing operations.
Applications will not be accepted:
- From an organization which has not complied with conditions of a previous grant
- From an organization whose sole purpose is fundraising
- From an organization that re-allocates or donates funding directly to individuals, businesses or other organizations
- For a project or service that duplicates a municipal service without a partnering agreement with the Village of Cumberland
- From sports organizations for competition or travel expenses
Applications open March 14, 2023 and the 2023 deadline for application is April 11, 2023.
Approved grant funding will be disbursed in July each year.