Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Whistler
03/21/18 5:00 PM Electronic Receipt
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $4,000 to Whistler Area, British Columbia nonprofit organizations for projects to improve the quality of life for local residents, with an emphasis on children, youth, and families. LOIs are due by February 2, 2018. Program areas include arts, culture, health, education, youth, and the environment.
The Community Grants program is guided by the following values:
- Community Connections: The Community Foundation of Whistler recognizes that connections foster a sense of belonging for individuals and we seek to foster partnerships and collaboration.
- Inclusiveness: The Foundation supports a vital community where everyone can participate and all the various segments of the community are embraced.
- Equity: The Foundation strives for a fair society in which all have the opportunity to reach their potential in a safe and healthy environment.
- Creating Long-Term Community Impact: The Foundation seeks to support actions that invest in the long-term benefit of the community.
The Community Foundation of Whistler seeks to fund projects that meet many or all of following characteristics:
- Seek to achieve a clearly articulated, measurable impact on the community
- Demonstrate stories of impact
- Work to address the root causes of difficult issues and apply strategies for long-term solutions
- Respond to a demonstrated need. Applicants may refer to Whistler Vital Signs (see Pre-Application Information for link).
- Contribute to the public body of knowledge related to an issue and outcomes identified
- Increase community connections through strengthening partnerships and collaboration
- Show evidence of local support
- Create opportunities for individuals to connect across barriers
Supporting Inclusiveness and Equity
- Engage vulnerable individuals and populations to strengthen inclusion
- Involve those directly impacted by the project in the project plans and evaluation
- Use and enhance the skills and knowledge of local people and encourage volunteers and community members to participate in community life.
GrantWatch ID#: 167415
Grants between $1000 and $4,000 will be awarded. Grants are provided for up to 50% of a project budget.
The Community Foundation of Whistler will consider requests for multi-year funding. Please indicate on your application if you are seeking multi-year funding and how this will help you attain the outcomes you seek. Note that multi-year funding cannot be guaranteed.
Applicants for funds must have Canadian charitable status or be a qualified donee under the Income Tax Act. Grants are not awarded to individuals or businesses.
If your organization is not a registered charity, please refer to pages 7-8 of the Guidelines for eligibility requirements.
Projects or programs must be for the benefit of the community in the Whistler region.
Grants are awarded for definite purposes and outcomes covering a specific period of time.
Please note that the Community Foundation of Whistler does not fund:
- Retroactive funding
- Activities for direct religious purposes
- Direct or indirect political activities
- Sabbatical leaves, student exchanges
- Medical equipment
- Amateur sports teams or sports clubs
- General fundraising campaigns
- Any activities that are discriminatory or service the interests of the members of an applicant organization to the exclusion of the community at large.
-LOI Due: February 2, 2018, 5:00 PM
-Notification: February 21, 2018
-Full Applications (if invited) Due: March 21, 2018 Receipt
-Funding Decisions: April 23, 2018
Please note: As part of the total project or program budget, the Community Foundation of Whistler allows applicants to consider in-kind contributions of expertise, services and volunteers in the creation of a project budget. Please list the sources and breakdown of specific contributions in your project budget. For example: 5 volunteers x 20 hours each at $12/hr.= $1200.
Vital Signs Information:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email LOIs to email@example.com.
For questions, contact Carol Coffey at 604-935-8080 or at the email above.
Community Foundation of Whistler
PO Box 1184
Whistler, BC V0N 1B0
Canada: British Columbia