Arts and Cultural Alliance of Sarasota County (ACA)
02/22/19 5:00 PM
Grants to Sarasota County, Florida cultural and arts nonprofit organizations to produce and market events, performances, and exhibitions that will encourage tourists to visit the area. Projects will be evaluated on artistic and cultural purpose, tourist appeal, and administrative competence.
Funding is intended to:
- Attract tourists to Sarasota County
- Offer exciting arts/cultural programming
- Maintain Sarasota’s place as a cultural center.
Applications will be assessed on an organization’s ability to:
- Set a creative/cultural goal or vision for this project that meets the organization’s mission, strategic plan or annual goal
- Set a creative/cultural goal that shows a willingness to stretch artistically/culturally
- Create an implementation plan that leads to the desired results
- Design a simple plan for evaluating the desired results
- Identify a clear, meaningful qualitative or quantitative performance target to include within the overall evaluation plan.
Applicants are expected to identify at least two of the following strategies for appealing to tourists:
- Attracting a wider range of tourists to Sarasota County’s arts and cultural events.
- Providing arts and cultural offerings completely outside of the peak season of February 1 through the end of the week-end following Easter.
- Collaborating with hotels to offer tourist packages that draw new people to the area or collaborating with restaurants and other tourist venues to service tourists once they arrive.
- Creating new offerings to help maintain a competitive edge for Sarasota County in the tourist market.
- Collaborating with other arts and cultural organizations or County agencies to coordinate and maximize impact.
New projects will not necessarily be given preference over established projects.
GrantWatch ID#: 167464
- For annual operating expenses under $100,000 the funding cap will be $8,250
- For annual operating expenses of $100,000 to $349,999, the funding cap will be $27,500
- For annual operating expenses of $350,000 to $1,999,999, the funding cap will be $55,000
- For annual operating expenses of $2,000,000 and over, the cap will be $96,250
- The cap will be the LOWER of the grant request OR 10% of the organization’s operating expenses as reported in its annual financial statements for its most recently completed fiscal year OR the cap described above.
Grant Period: October 1, 2019 –September 30, 2020
Basic qualifications to apply include:
- 501 (c) 3 and operating as a non-profit for at least one year
- Activities must occur in Sarasota County
- The applicant organization must have been registered as a Florida non-profit for at
least one full year of operation prior to application deadline.
- The applicant organization must have shown at least one year of stable arts/cultural programming prior to application deadline.
- Applicant must be exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Support groups and guilds may not apply on their own behalf.
- Applicant's activities must be Sarasota County-based.
- Applicant’s project must be accessible to the public and to persons with disabilities.
- Applicant must submit a list of the Board of Directors with addresses and occupation or affiliation.
- Applicant must demonstrate that the project has an artistic/cultural purpose.
- Applications solely for marketing programs will not be eligible.
- Applicant must have a Diversity Policy
Grants will not be awarded for anything unrelated to the project including, but not limited to:
- Capital support, including new construction, renovation or equipment
- Cash reserve
- Attendance at conferences and seminars
- Entertainment expenses
- Alcoholic beverages
- General operating support
- Administrative costs not related to the project
- Space rentals not related to the project
- Travel not related to the project
- Complimentary tickets
- Audition expenses
- General organizational marketing programs and/or expenses
- Educational activities such as workshops, lectures, credit or non-credit courses
Applicants may not receive other TDT funds for the same project.
Grant application are due by 5:00 PM, Feb. 22, 2019.
Applicant must match the amount requested on a dollar-for-dollar basis, showing revenue specifically contributed for program (25% of this match may be in-kind). All in-kind revenue/expense must be properly documented and included with the application or such revenues/expenses will not be accepted.
New applicants are encouraged to contact Fern Tavalin with questions about the program qualifications and requirements.
- Projects complete: October 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020
- Feb. 11-15, 2019: Optional Review Period
- Feb. 22, 2019: Grant application due by 5:00 PM
- Apr. 12, 2019: First Grant Panel Meeting
- Apr. 18, 2019: Second Grant Panel Meeting
- May 3, 2019: Program Evaluation Session
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://sarasota-arts.gosmart.org/
Arts & Cultural Alliance of Sarasota
1226 N. Tamiami Trail, Suite 300
Sarasota, FL 34236
USA: Florida: Sarasota County