Grants of $10,000 to USA nonprofits in California, Colorado, Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Texas or Washington for capital projects to rescue at-risk horses. This matching grant is designed to increase equine organizations' physical capacity and leverage their fundraising capacity as well.
An organization that is selected must run a specific matching campaign tapping one or more of the following: major donors, foundations and/or general public.
Types of eligible projects:
- Land purchase.
- Shelter construction/barn expansion.
- Clear/improve/fence previously unused land.
- Equip a second satellite facility.
- Improve electrical/plumbing/drainage/roofing or other work to allow full utilization of current property.
- Turn un-utilized land into a hay field or install a hydroponic fodder system to lower hay expenses and be able to afford to house and care for more equines.